Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reiki positive experiences

• 11-06-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Hey I have an anxiety disorder which has recently flared up again and am using a combination of meds, psychology and mindfulness/positive thinking to help me come through it. I heard that reiki could help and I've booked a session this weekend. Just looking for people's experiences of reiki would be interested to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

lukesmom wrote: »
    Hey I have an anxiety disorder which has recently flared up again and am using a combination of meds, psychology and mindfulness/positive thinking to help me come through it. I heard that reiki could help and I've booked a session this weekend. Just looking for people's experiences of reiki would be interested to hear.
    Hi,

I did Reiki for the first time last year, loved it, I reckon if you are open to it, it will help you. With your mindfulness/positive thinking, I'm pretty sure you will have a enjoyable experience. I had a it again there about 5/6 weeks ago for the second time with a Reiki Master and I believe I has an OBE, at the end of the session I found it hard to get up off the bed, I felt real heavy, took me an extra few seconds to get up ha :D. Myself and the Reiki Master, well more so me chatted for over an hour, so I really enjoyed my two experiences.

Hope you enjoy it!

Paddy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

iPaddyM wrote: »
    Hi,

I did Reiki for the first time last year, loved it, I reckon if you are open to it, it will help you. With your mindfulness/positive thinking, I'm pretty sure you will have a enjoyable experience. I had a it again there about 5/6 weeks ago for the second time with a Reiki Master and I believe I has an OBE, at the end of the session I found it hard to get up off the bed, I felt real heavy, took me an extra few seconds to get up ha :D. Myself and the Reiki Master, well more so me chatted for over an hour, so I really enjoyed my two experiences.

Hope you enjoy it!

Paddy :)

Wow that's really positive thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

i first received reiki around 10 years ago , i found it hugely beneficial , in fact I would say it was one of the best decisions I ever made, i would say just go with no expectations as to what will happen, relax and see how it benefits you in the days and weeks afterwards.

Stay on your meds though, sometimes people get a huge immediate relief from whatever ailment was affecting them, the relief can be transient too & meds etc should only be lessened or discarded with advice from a medical professional

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chrissy64

Yes Reiki can be very powerful, You can feel as if things are happening inside and you can feel if you are floating, everybody feels it differently
    it truly is amazing. It can have a great impact to how you feel it. Sometimes it is the boost you need. You just have to be open minded !!.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭solarplexus

I learned Reiki 7 years ago as a weekend course. Didn't think I'd ever use it to be honest. I embarked on a journey of self discovery. It is amazing and the more I practice it, the more sensitive I become and the more I feel and sense. I love it and can't say enough about its benefits..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Yeah have to say I've had two sessions and am really enjoying it. Have another one tomorrow, so relaxing but my god the heat that comes from her hands is boiling.

Advertisement