Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't send a text from my UK o2 mobile to an Eircom mobile

Options
  • 11-06-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a UK o2 contract mobile (iPhone 4s) and any texts I send to my mother's Eircom contract mobile just do not get through. Any texts she send me do get through perfectly well so I am rather puzzled. Even more puzzling was that sending texts worked fine in both ways in the past.

Any hints, tips or suggestions welcome, thanks.

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Possible that the SMS agreement between the networks has changed but unlikely.

What phone does your mother have? Could she mother have accidently added you to a block list? Very easy to do on an Android for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dhathaway

My mother is one of the least technical people I know - she only has a little Nokia phone (not a smartphone) so is unlikely to have blocked me, particularly as she can still call me and her texts get through to me. My brother did check her phone for blocked lists on the handset but could not find any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Do you know anyone else on an Eircom mobile contract? Can you check that an SMS from you goes through ok to a different number?

Have you tried replacing your mothers SIM card?

I know it seems like jumping through hoops but most providers go through the same or similar steps to investigate an issue like you describe.

Pretty sure my brother and sister-in-law are both also on Eircom contracts and sending texts to/from them is fine. Had not thought of replacing the SIM.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

dhathaway wrote: »
    Pretty sure my brother and sister-in-law are both also on Eircom contracts and sending texts to/from them is fine. Had not thought of replacing the SIM.
    Hi dhathaway,

If you wish I could get a SIM card posted out to your mother and see if this makes a difference.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Resolved! - got my brother to look at my mother's phone again and buried on the second page of the Blocked list was my number. Texts going back and forth now with no problems. Thanks for the help and advice.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Resolved! - got my brother to look at my mother's phone again and buried on the second page of the Blocked list was my number. Texts going back and forth now with no problems. Thanks for the help and advice.
    Glad to hear that dhathaway,

Thanks for letting us know.

Grainne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hehe so your mother blocked ye? :P

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Advertisement