Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare 10K, Ennis, Co. Clare

Options
  • 11-06-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

This year marks the ninth running of the Clare 10K,which has gone from strength to strength. Supporting a great cause, the event has gained recognition as a fun morning out for the socialites, and a highly competitive 10k race.

This year we are glad to welcome back the 2013 winner Sean Hehir. Sean, who has since won the Dublin City Marathon, will start as favourite to take the men’s title, but pretenders to the throne will be lining up behind him to take the crown.

2014 also sees the introduction of technical t-shirts for the first time. This has been done without an increase to the entry fee, which now includes a race t-shirt, chipped timing, souvenir medal, goodie bag at the finish line as well as tea, coffee and cakes after the race.

All proceeds from the event go to Clare Haven Services. For information have a look around our site or visit www.clarehaven.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Have they addressed the short course issue? Not sure about last year, it was well short in 2012 and for a few years before that. Annoying more so because they had a sufficient amount of unused track to use to make up the distance. Made even more frustrating by deleting queries about same from their Facebook page, and not just mine! Consistently clocking in around 9.8k, no excuse for it...

In saying that, technical tshirts are a welcome addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Have they addressed the short course issue? Not sure about last year, it was well short in 2012 and for a few years before that. Annoying more so because they had a sufficient amount of unused track to use to make up the distance. Made even more frustrating by deleting queries about same from their Facebook page, and not just mine! Consistently clocking in around 9.8k, no excuse for it...

In saying that, technical tshirts are a welcome addition!

Sorry! But I don't know if they've done any of that. I missed it last year.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

Any results available for this race yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

regularkev wrote: »
    Any results available for this race yet?

They're in today's Clare People.

Advertisement