Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green house

• 11-06-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hi folks ,i have recently got a green house and am growing all sorts in ,i am having big problems with green fly ,any tips ?thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

I get them on my roses and use soapy water to get them off, normally use washing up liquid. Works a treat every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have you tried planting herbs and flowers that are known to discourage aphids near the plants that are being eaten?

Herbs like sage or lavender work a treat.

Also planting herbs or flowers that attract species like ladybugs and hover flies works. Both will lay their eggs anywhere aphids are, and once they hatch they eat the aphids, plus adult ladybugs eat aphids as well.

Cilantro, Yarrow, Marigolds, Coriander, and dill seems to work best.

The above plants will also attract in lacewing. Lacewing are a great insect to have in gardens or greenhouses as they target aphids, mites and whiteflies.

Advertisement