Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin forerunner 305 or 405

Options
  • 11-06-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have the opportunity to get one of these but not sure which one to go for. Would mainly be used for triathlon training and cycling. Any advice or preferences?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

db76 wrote: »
    I have the opportunity to get one of these but not sure which one to go for. Would mainly be used for triathlon training and cycling. Any advice or preferences?

I don't know about the 305 but the 405 has a touch bezel which will drive you daft, and while it has a cycling mode it does not toggle between modes easily. It is not waterproof. There are much better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

Can't seem to get hold of the guy selling the 305. The 405 comes with ant+ usb which is a bonus but not sure if it will maa2up for hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

If any of them the 305 for triathlon but unless you are getting it for free, its hardly worth it when the 310xt can be picked up quite cheaply online. Avoid the 405 is the message I hear from anyone who purchased one.

AKW wrote: »
    If any of them the 305 for triathlon but unless you are getting it for free, its hardly worth it when the 310xt can be picked up quite cheaply online. Avoid the 405 is the message I hear from anyone who purchased one.

They were asking for €50 for either one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

db76 wrote: »
    They were asking for €50 for either one.

€50 is a decent price for the 305- its pretty much bomb-proof and will track your runs and bikes easily. It's not waterproof, but you can put it in a sealed bag and sandwich it between two swim caps to track your OW swims.

Definitely the 305, if its a toss up between those two at €50. Otherwise spend more on the more tri-useful (waterproof) 310 or 910.

• Advertisement

The guy selling the 305 is no longer contactable, so I've only been left with 1 choice the 405. Looks like I will get this as the ant+ usb is around €30 on it's own so by that reasoning the watch only costs €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

+1 on the bezel on the 405. Practically useless while moving and will drive you crackers

Advertisement