Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Visa Query - L1

Options
  • 11-06-2014 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all

I have a query on the L1 visa requirements I was hoping someone could clarify.

I currently work with an investment bank in Toronto - I got this job through a recruitment agency and am paid through them.

Due to a reorganisation within the bank, my manager has asked if I'd be interested in being put forward for a position in the US team.

From what I've seen online, the L1 intracompany visa would not apply here as I have not been employed directly by the company but through an outside agency.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Not sure, to be honest. Your company would have to sponsor the visa, so it's worth checking with your manager.

There's some stuff on the website about 'qualifying organisations', which does include subsidiaries etc, but not sure about agencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

You have to be directly employed by the company for 1 year - you don't currently work for the bank, but for an agency that works for the bank.

My lawyers asked me 3 or 4 times to make sure i wasn't a contractor/agency worker

Advertisement