Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

science question?

Options
  • 11-06-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

i have science tomorrow and im just looking for important topics to study tonight and what i should focus on..
    to be honest i just want to pass the paper if possible i hate science thanks to my teacher (who in the past three years didn't teach us a thing and had no control of my class, he would just take us to the computer room and play games...) and i know i have the 35% if i got full marks (which i think i did) so what should i study tonight to basically get though the paper? i have the follens revision book and i think its great so i'll be using that
    thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Caveat_Emptor

I think there's no one main topic to study for science, go through exams papers and look at the marking schemes on examinations.ie

I got an A in mocks by purely doing the exam papers, I was pretty bad at science before I started doing the past exams. Obviously it's a bit late to start studying for it now but you CAN pass if you study enough past exams tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭roisiny

Our teacher is pure bs but another one went through all the past papers and she gave us this list of stuff that hasn't come up recently :
    Biology
    Respiration & breathing
    Skeleton
    Tropisms
    Plant reproduction
    Ecology\ Micro-organisms
    Habitat Study
    Microscope

Chemistry
    Acid and Bases \ Titration
    Separating mixtures
    Preparation of oxygen
    Bonding
    Periodic Table

phyiscs
    Density
    Hookes law & force (friction)
    Heat Latent heat has been heavily asterisked here
    Magnetics
    Speed \ Acceleration

As for learning stuff when you don't have a lot of time. I prefer to go to bed early, around 11, then get up early (6.45 is good for me) and learn it then, youre more refreshed and its easier to focus. Also if you drink it, make coffee :)

Advertisement