Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building a permanent gazebo

• 11-06-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

im in deep thought about getting a permanent gazebo in my garden, it be like a pubs smoking area basically. its going to be 13ft x 26ft. can anyone give me an idea how much perspex would cost to roof this area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

in North East Africa?
    Do you want to smoke cigarettes or your guests?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

4Sticks wrote: »
    in North East Africa?
    Do you want to smoke cigarettes or your guests?

4sticks please post constructively or don't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

in ireland dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

auditek923 wrote: »
    in ireland dude

Totally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

im in deep thought about getting a permanent gazebo in my garden, it be like a pubs smoking area basically. its going to be 13ft x 26ft. can anyone give me an idea how much perspex would cost to roof this area?

We built a car port with a perspex roof with very similar dimensions. The perspex cost nothing compared to the treated wood which had to be surprisingly substantial to support its own weight and stop the perspex flying away in high winds, it acts like a airplane wing when it starts getting to that surface area (you have to angle it for rain runoff). If you are used to having a 'normal' gazebo which is not permanent, but only put up in good weather, you will already know wind is enemy no.1 for covered gazebos.

Have you costed up the structure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Dug out our receipt for you

Nearly €400 including VAT. You can get thinner cheaper stuff, but you may be replacing it sooner. In total it cost around €900 including big 4" posts, cross beams cement footings, grommets, bolts and metal supports/braces. Its STURDY. Put 600mm flags under, supported by sand and 2 layers of compacted hardcore (different sizes) and compacted ground. Had a heavy car standing on it for 2 years and a punch bag hung from the middle & no sagging.

Advertisement