Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 10% Lab Book Problem

Options
  • 11-06-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So my teacher told us to rewrite all our lab experiments in a new copy because our experiments were mixed with the notes.
    I forgot to do this so is it ok to just give my mixed notes/experiments copy to the examiner? Or will they even bother take it up?
    I don't want to spend hours rewriting them. :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

As far as I know most of the time they are not looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liam1499

k thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Technically the folens/edco experiment book has "notes" mixed in, so you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

Do we have to bring in our lab experiment book into the exam tommorrow, or give to the teacher, I never gave mine to my teacher? But she looked at them before and said she will sign it off?...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Do we have to bring in our lab experiment book into the exam tommorrow, or give to the teacher, I never gave mine to my teacher? But she looked at them before and said she will sign it off?...

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the lab books are not graded, if you have the experiments ticked in the green Coursework B booklet, you get the marks, as far as I know. I'm almost 100% sure you don't bring the lab book to the exam, in fact I'd put money on me being right about that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

The lab books should have been handed up to the teacher to be kept by the school you can't hand them up tomorrow. If the SEC comes to check them which is rare you won't get the marks as they can't show you have the write ups done.

The lab books should have been handed up to the teacher to be kept by the school you can't hand them up tomorrow. If the SEC comes to check them which is rare you won't get the marks as they can't show you have the write ups done.

Our teacher and the school's other two science teachers gave everyone in the year back those books on the last day of the year, it's beside me here :/

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

Well sh*t, they better not come, and is it only tomorrow they come to check?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Well sh*t, they better not come, and is it only tomorrow they come to check?

If they come to check it will be a random inspection in the school it won't be tomorrow it would be a some stage over the summer I don't know the exact specifics.

The Junior Cert timetable (the one for practicals, orals etc, not the written papers) doesn't show dates for assessment of Coursework A (30 experiments) in Science, although it shows dates for everything else kept in school, and the Coursework B booklet is put in a plastic bag/folder thing and your exam paper is put in there tomorrow too like CSPE, so I'd be of the opinion that if they were going to be inspected it'd be during school time. Seeing as it's of no relevance to us when projects are inspected, yet they've listed when everything will be, I'd say Coursework A won't be inspected somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

If they come to check it will be a random inspection in the school it won't be tomorrow it would be a some stage over the summer I don't know the exact specifics.

LC student here. The science teacher signs off on them. The teacher stores them away in case an inspector comes. More than 90% of the time they're not checked. My teacher in JC did have his inspected a while back though - the inspector just checked a few from what I could gather. They gave some critisms but the students still got their 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Teachm

Dont worry.teacher here.they don't look at lab copies.you wrote experiments you did I your coursework b booklet and teacher signed it to verify that they were done.they don't look at books at all.good luck today

Advertisement