Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Programm Perdicament

Options
  • 11-06-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

In a bit of a predicament at the minute, but it seems pretty clear cut to me now unfortunately.

Offered a job across the pond in the UK for an excellent graduate scheme. Did a whole range of interviews for weeks and told they were very impressed and have been offered a place.

Thing is, before this it is stated you need a 2.1 minimum or 2.2 with a postgrad I think or some sort of UCAS points limit.

Got results and only have achieved a 2.2, If I knew this now I would have never applied :(

Should I just refuse the offer and move along or is there usually any discretion involved in these sort of things? Anyone have similar experiences, I can't imagine this is too uncommon.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Tell them you have a 2.2 and see what they say. They might well still take you.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Absolutely do not refuse! Call them and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Simply_Testing

Thanks guys. I suppose it is a bit premature to just refuse actually.

Way I see it I can either talk to them or like put it on the never never, hoping they don't eventually ask..but thats probably just a bit too risky.

Advertisement