Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms licence application - addresses othan current

Options
  • 11-06-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, in reply to the question : "Have you ever lived at an address other than your current one? "

How far back are you supposed to go? Being 44 y.o. there's a few places round the country I can barely remember when I lived there never mind the house number.

Any hints?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm living in my current address for over 8 years now, and my previous one was for 14 years. I still list the last address as it covers pretty much all my addresses from the age i could legally hold a gun.

For people that move around or have had numerous addresses i would suggest the last two addresses or to cover five years at a minimum. It's not a legal requirement (five years/two addresses), but like the 100,000 km or 3 year warranty for a car this covers enough.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Ah ok, that would be well doable - so you wouldn't list everything since school with the year beside it... cos that could extend to 2 pages ;-)

I have to laugh when I hear the new ad on TV about most people move 8 times in their life :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

I listed the address I grew up at, the parents house. Then the first house I owned. And now my current house.

I did not include 4 rented places I lived for a year or so each. Anytime I was renting I always left my banking address, drivers licence, tax details etc as my parents address, as I would be home regularly anyway.

Unless you've come to garda attention before while renting somewhere and given your address there at the time, i'd imagine there's no need to list a pile of rented accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Hi folks, in reply to the question : "Have you ever lived at an address other than your current one? "

How far back are you supposed to go? Being 44 y.o. there's a few places round the country I can barely remember when I lived there never mind the house number.

Any hints?

Was in the same situation a few weeks ago handing in an application (41 yrs old). Could remember the general address of loads of rented places but house or apartment numbers nah. Just put down what I could remember.

Advertisement