Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferred un-coordinated pension

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I'm a deferred member of a well known company pension scheme in the papers at the moment for its rather large funding gap.

On leaving the deferred pension became un-coordinated from the state pension so while quite small in terms of actual projected annual value, when combined with the state pension a good start on which to build on which I'm doing in a separate DC scheme at the moment.

One of the proposals at the moment would be to amend the rules of the scheme and retrospectively apply coordination to the deferred pensions.

The value of the plan at the moment is less than the state pension by a considerable amount so on becoming coordinated again will this effectively wipe out my pension? I've tried to find out through the scheme but my question has so far been ignored.

Advertisement