Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Led lensers

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hello all
    Im considering at the minute buying one of the recharable led lensers but cannot get all my questions answered on their website.
    Say for example the X7R as advertised in the ISD it says it has 8 light functions,
    If you wanted to use only one of the functions but wanted to put it on and off a few times do you have to press the button on the back 8 goes each time or is there a second selector switch?

Do any of youes have any other feedback on them?

Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭interize

It can be tricky enough to get used to but after a bit of practice its easy. I use two modes full power and economy mode. Press the button in fully once for full power and then another light press of the button will half the power of the light. I have had mine over a year now and have to say its by far the best light i have, very well built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I have an m7r good little torch, has a good few functions too but besides playing around with them i never used them since nd have even forgotten how to change them, you have to press and hold the switch a few times to go through each mode, i just leave mine on full power, press switch on it comes on, press again its off, and when its on a half press of the switch puts it into economy mode like already said half press again and back to full beam, has SOS setting and glash setting etc that i never use

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

Thanks, youes put my mind at ease about it a bit. I would imagine full power and economy mode would be the only two settings I would use so would not want to be switching 8 goes per time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I had an X7R and would only use the full and economy power settings. Only issue I had was that the recoil/snap of my spring air rifle would turn out the light. It was ok for rimfire range but there are much better torches out there.

lefthooker wrote: »
    there are much better torches out there.

What makes or models would you recomend then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Nightmaster 800 or Xsearcher is light years ahead. Plenty of threads about them lately

aye I just seen that nightmaster one on the hunting forum all right. Ill study it up and see.
    Thanks

Advertisement