Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from LGBT forum

Options
  • 11-06-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭

I was banned by telling a poster that they shouldn't have children.

This was tounge in cheek based on the posters assertion that no gay person should adopt with no actual evidence which I pointed out.

Is it OK to make a sweeping statement that no gay person (which I am) should adopt or that children be inflicted on me?

The language used by the poster was harsh particularly the use of inflicted.

I acknowledge I shouldn't have made a direct reference and that I let my anger get the best of me but rather should have argued the point which I did on several replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Daith

have you completed the first step of trying to resolve this with the mod via PM?

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Daith

having discussed your ban with the mod who applied it we have decided between us to remove it effective immediately.

You are spot on though your comment was very tongue in cheek and while it required action having reviewed it again the mod agrees with you that 3 months is too harsh. With this in mind thanks for tempering your later responses but please consider going forward instead of engaging with someone you feel may be a troll to either report them or just ignore them, or just don't reply in the heat of anger as you know it's all too easy to cross the line yourself then.

Thanks
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement