Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booked the wrong Aer Lingus flights

Options
  • 11-06-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi

I realized right when I was hitting the "confirm" button that I had selected the wrong dates from an Aer Lingus flight.

I have mailed them straight away - less than 15 minutes after the booking.

They have a pretty strong no cancellation-no refund policy so I am just wondering if anyone here made the same mistake as me and successfully got their money back. I am not too hopeful. I feel very stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Panline wrote: »
    Hi

I realized right when I was hitting the "confirm" button that I had selected the wrong dates from an Aer Lingus flight.

I have mailed them straight away - less than 15 minutes after the booking.

They have a pretty strong no cancellation-no refund policy so I am just wondering if anyone here made the same mistake as me and successfully got their money back. I am not too hopeful. I feel very stupid.

Ring them & if you get no joy, consider doing a chargeback on your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Panline

I was thinking of that but I am not sure this will do any good. Their line is off till tomorrow and so is my bank. I think tomorrow morning will be too late for my bank to agree to a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ring them & if you get no joy, consider doing a chargeback on your credit card.

Bank would/should not do a charge bank for this, the Merchant did not do anything wrong...

Is there no cooling off period for on-line sales, or are airlines except from this ?

Bank would/should not do a charge bank for this, the Merchant did not do anything wrong...

I agree with this as well. Mistake is 100% on me.

Rescheduling is 40 euros per person per flight. I am flying with my partner. 160 euros (40*4) is quite a big expense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Ring them in the morning.

I fly pretty much weekly and they will let you change a flight within 24hours of booking for free if it's just a simple wrong date. If the fare is higher you'll have to pay the difference that's it

They don't advertise it but they'd are flexible if you're quick and it's an honest mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ring them ASAP. I did this once by accident when a page refreshed and I never noticed that the times had changed. They sorted it out straightaway for me. I am a Gold Circle status member, so maybe that helped. But still, no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

A couple of years ago I booked on the wrong date, rang them straight away and they changed it for no charge. Which is why it helps to book flights while the call centre is open :)

Advertisement