Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free - 2 Goldfish/Bowl/Small airpump

Options
  • 11-06-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

I have two well looked after goldfish to give away as they are no longer wanted and these will be yours for free! They need to go to a good home and you get the 2 fish, the plastic bowl, stones, small airpump to be hooked up to the mains.

I need you to collect asap, I live 10 minutes from Virginia, Co. Cavan

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Why are fish seen as disposable pets? :mad:

If it were a dog there would be outcry.

And I would hardly call them well looked after if they're stuck in a bowl, worse than a toilet those are. Do them the right thing and put them in a pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 misterheg

Shall I assume you're not interested in having them then? I'll be home tomorrow evening if you change your mind!

What a joker!

Sad days when an animal can just be pawned off on someone else because it's not wanted.

I don't want my toddler. Free to a good home. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

misterheg wrote: »
    Shall I assume you're not interested in having them then? I'll be home tomorrow evening if you change your mind!

What a joker!

Goldfish in a bowl is not "well looked after".

There is a reason goldfish die so young and never reach adlulthood in those tanks.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-image-uploads/poshsouthernbird/2013/11/bowl-sequence-1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'm sure the OP means well. The op could have just put them down the toilet bowl and not offered them free.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP means well. The op could have just put them down the toilet bowl and not offered them free.

True.

That'd probably be better off then living a short, painful and cruel life in a bowl barely large enough to be a plant pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That'd probably be better off then living a short, painful and cruel life in a bowl barely large enough to be a plant pot.

Oh Relax

Oh Relax

This is why Ireland is such a backwards country, animal rights don't exist set all here. Bowls are banned in European countries for a reason

OP means very well....No intention for the two fish to see the inside of a septic tank....The two original fish out-grew the bowl and was returned to the petshop and swapped out for two new ones and these new ones are the ones on offer.

I was expecting to hear from you xxxJennyxxx? Not that keen then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OP means very well....No intention for the two fish to see the inside of a septic tank....The two original fish out-grew the bowl and was returned to the petshop and swapped out for two new ones and these new ones are the ones on offer.

OP, every fish will outgrow a fish bowl. There is not a fish in the world that will be happy in one of them. Hopefully you will be able to rehome these fish to someone with a pond, and then you well be able to throw out the bowl.

I would take them but I have no pond, have a spare 100litre tank but won't be big enough for two goldfish unfortunately. So I'll have to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Could they be put into a lake? Plenty of those in Cavan.

goz83 wrote: »
    Could they be put into a lake? Plenty of those in Cavan.

Goldfish are non-native species. Bad idea to put them out into public waterways.

Rehome or try to fob it off onto a pet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Put an ad up in Adverts, there is a Fish Adoption section there. You might get more traffic than here for the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Maybe a secluded pond?

Fish have now gone to a great new home, thanks all!

Advertisement