Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change - 1200GS to YAMAHA XT1200Z?

• 11-06-2014 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

So, got a puncture, needed a new tyre, ended up in a bike shop, they had shiny things.

My bike is a 1200GS - 2004 and I want to either come up a few years or change to something similar by younger. I put an Akrapovic can and driving lights on mine and they make a difference on the daily commute up and down the N11 in terms of getting a bit of space, compared to riding without them so a similar bit of noise and visibility are also on the shopping list and lets be honest a nice can makes the ride better.

I test drove a 2012 V-Strom, expecting to really like it but didn't, it just felt dead and plasticy, very meh, The 2012 Super Tenere was the complete opposite, my quick lap got extended and my lunch break got seriously over ran. I liked the riding position and general feel of the bike, nice bit of poke when needed delivered deceptively smoothly.

Sat onto a Multistrada but it felt very cramped and my various metal bits didn't like the riding position, besides I don't think it is made to last for an average year round weekly commute of 300km+

So my dilemma is to go up a few years on the GS - there is a nice 2009 GSA on adverts which would fit the bill perfectly, even has an Akrapovic can, no response from the seller though so it may be gone, or go for the Super Tenere, there is a fully dressed 2010 one that is much lower seat height that might fit the bill if it could be raised back up for 2k less, probably closer to 3k when you take into account adding the luggage and bits that I would want for commuting etc.

The silly money option is a 2013 1200GS TE, would love to but cannot justify it at all, scared to test ride it as I know that I would find some way to buy it!

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Super Tenere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Just did it, went for the 2012 Super Tenere :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

fenris wrote: »
    Just did it, went for the 2012 Super Tenere :-)

I told you so haha:pac::pac:

How are u getting on with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

expensive puncture :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I am dangerous like that, once went or for a sandwich and came back with a kayak.
    I am hopefully picking it up this evening, they are putting putting on a Givi rack and some road tyres (current ones are cartoon level knobblies), and getting an Arrow can and lights fitted next week.

Reckon I should ride it for a while before getting a Power commander. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement