Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ios 8 ???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Zcott wrote: »
    Enhanced camera controls
    New keyboards with predictive text
    iCloud Drive for sharing files between devices
    Health kit for connecting all the fitness bands
    Handoff and Continuity - close one device and the content will be visible on another, and answer phone calls and texts on an iPad or Mac.

Is this on cellular ipads only or will it go via bluetooth from iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Is this on cellular ipads only or will it go via bluetooth from iphone?

I think over Bluetooth or wifi. And not just cell iPads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thanks hopefully improved battery life too

That's not expected, it's usually the selling point of the newly announced devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

For anyone running beta versions of osx and iOS

Dear Developer,

We will be performing a server-side data wipe on all CloudKit public and private databases for iOS 8 beta and OS X Yosemite Developer Preview users on July 7, 2014. The following iCloud features will be affected: iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library, and Mail Drop.

Photos and videos stored in iCloud Photo Library will remain on their original iOS 8 devices and will upload to iCloud Photo Library again automatically. iCloud Drive can be re-enabled from Set up Assistant after upgrade. If you choose to store your documents in iCloud Drive, your Documents & Data will automatically be copied to iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive will not update across earlier seeds or operating systems. Attachments sent through Mail Drop will expire and need to be resent after you upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Updated look for control centre. I quite like it but I can see a lot of people hating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Updated look for control centre. I quite like it but I can see a lot of people hating it.

Maybe it's a man thing but it looks the same :-s

Hm, hoping that grows on me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Zcott wrote: »
    Hm, hoping that grows on me...

Hoping what grows on you?

The only difference I can see is that the brightness control sun icons are black.

murpho999 wrote: »

The only difference I can see is that the brightness control sun icons are black.

There's no ring around the icons anymore.

You need to use it to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Control Centre is more or less the same, just less cluttered. It's an improvement IMO.

Control Centre is more or less the same, just less cluttered. It's an improvement IMO.

Yeah I wasn't trying to say it was new or anything, just nicely refined.

You need to use it to understand.

I use it all the time.

Just don't get someone can say that they hope it grows on them when the original was only introduced last year and people had no choice but to accept what was given to them.

I use it all the time.

Just don't get someone can say that they hope it grows on them when the original was only introduced last year and people had no choice but to accept what was given to them.

I'm saying you should use the newer look of control centre in iOS 8 to understand it isn't exactly the same. That's all. I didn't say one word about hoping it "grows on them", just said I thought some people would hate it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Is there some other functionality difference?

I can see the few minor UI tweaks but tbh they're on a level most people won't even notice.

I'm saying you should use the newer look of control centre in iOS 8 to understand it isn't exactly the same. That's all. I didn't say one word about hoping it "grows on them", just said I thought some people would hate it.

My "grows on them" comment was nothing to do with your post but another's.

Don't know what you're arguing about all the same. Still don't see how the minor tweaks that appear to have been made will affect user experience that drastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Dades wrote: »
    Is there some other functionality difference?

I can see the few minor UI tweaks but tbh they're on a level most people won't even notice.

For Control Centre or in general?

For CC, it looks like they just inverted the UI for the buttons - previously the icon was transparent with the circular button filled in and now it's the opposite.
    Can't see why people would be so irritated by it. :confused:

For Control Centre or in general?

For CC, it looks like they just inverted the UI for the buttons - previously the icon was transparent with the circular button filled in and now it's the opposite.
    Can't see why people would be so irritated by it. :confused:

Yeah maybe I misread the situation :)

Advertisement