Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidentally had iPod what now

• 12-06-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Happened to a friend.he had it and the charge button thin game on it vibrated . He loom it out of his pocket and tried to sit on it but was caught.
    He's been told his exam is void is there a procedure or appeals process ?
    Thanks Cathy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

how did it get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Accidentally. Sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have heard the iPod is seen to be analysed. They will go through it to see if there is any info on it related to the exam. There will also be a hearing to see whether or not they will cancel his exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

I think it's a pretty stupid thing to do: ignoring one of very few exam-centre rules. But, I heard from a teacher about a girl who thought she would perform better if she listened to music, and so strapped an iPod to the back of her head, under her hair. She was caught; the iPod was analysed; her exam result stood. I remember thinking at the time that I wasn't sure whether I agreed it should have. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that much depends on whether they confiscated his iPod or allowed him to keep it (allowing him to potentially remove evidence).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Did the SEC take his ipod at all, or give it back straight away. Hard to call, there is more then enough notices up about ipods, phones etc, the SEC shouldn't have to be put in that situation! It's their call on what to do about the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Did the SEC take his ipod at all, or give it back straight away. Hard to call, there is more then enough notices up about ipods, phones etc, the SEC shouldn't have to be put in that situation! It's their call on what to do about the situation.

He removed his phone but forgot about the iPod.hes genuine I would have thought there was a set procedure ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

As a rule of thumb with the SEC, he needs to ask himself was he actually cheating? If he wasn't he has nothing to worry about. If he was he is fuc ked.
    There are people who forget to leave phones outside. I did it for the JC and it went off in my pocket. Luckily I was sitting right in front of the supervisor so she could see I wasn't up to anything. There was someone in my year last year who was caught with notes in his pocket before the exam started and was let off with a warning. Could go either way though.

Advertisement