Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2014 Group B

• 12-06-2014 2:09am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spain squad
    Netherlands squad
    Chile squad
    Australia squad

Group A fixtures (Kick-off Irish time)

13 June 2014
    Spain 1 v 5 Netherlands, Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador, 8pm (BBC)
    13 June 2014
    Chile 3 v 1 Australia, Arena Pantanal, Cuiaba, 11pm (ITV)
    18 June 2014
    Australia v Netherlands, Estadio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, 5pm (ITV)
    18 June 2014
    Spain v Chile, Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro, 8pm (BBC)
    23 June 2014
    Netherlands v Chile, Arena de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, 5pm (ITV)
    23 June 2014
    Spain v Australia, Arena da Baixada, Curitiba, 5pm (ITV)

BBC Group B preview

Group B Odds

The stadia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thank God for groups of death. By all accounts Chile are a more serious team than one'd expect, and should put up a good fight against at least one or other of Spain or Netherlands. Hope both the Euro teams make it through though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

dutch are a decent price against Spain in the first game....early upset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Spain and Chile to qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

dutch are a decent price against Spain in the first game....early upset?

Nah not a chance, Spain will easily win this game. The Dutch have a good but aging team and under that heat and Spain's keeping the ball I expect a 3-0 win for the defending champions. Unless Van Persie and Robben drag this team by the scruff of their necks I think they might be going home early.

Spain will qualify with ease. I think Second place will be between Chile and Holland, that game will be one to watch. Australia will get the wooden spoon from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Probably been said a good few times before, but it seems quite a young squad LVG has with him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chile to edge Spain into first place with Netherlands unlucky to go home. All 3 to finish on 5pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Put a cheeky €2 bet on spain not to qualify from the group. It all depends on what type of holland turns up

Put a cheeky €2 bet on spain not to qualify from the group. It all depends on what type of holland turns up

I read Chile topping the group and Spain not getting out of the group :pac:

I have no doubts Spain will win it with ease and get out topping the group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Don't fancy the Netherlands at all, reckon it will be Chile and Spain who get out of this group. Raging, I got both Australia and the Netherlands in the sweepstakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Looper007 wrote: »
    I read Chile topping the group and Spain not getting out of the group :pac:

I have no doubts Spain will win it with ease and get out topping the group

Since I have a bet on it spain will probably get 10 points in the group with my great skills at losing money on bets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

No Van der vaart makes me sad I reckon a spanking is coming to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Nah not a chance, Spain will easily win this game. The Dutch have a good but aging team and under that heat and Spain's keeping the ball I expect a 3-0 win for the defending champions.
    If anything the heat is in Holland's favour. Spain is very hot but basically not humid at all. Salvador isn't that hot (relatively) but it's humid. Spain has very little humidity, while Holland gets more humid than Spain.

I live in Cordoba and here today it was 38 degrees but it was completely dry. I sweat more when I'm back home in summer and it's like 25 or something because home is so much more humid than here. The humidity is the kicker and Holland is more humid than Spain so they'll be more used to it than the Spaniards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chile like this scoreline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Seen this post on reddit about the kit selection between Spain & Netherlands.
    Interesting on kit choices:
    • For each match, the team listed first (on FIFA's website) is designated as the home side.
    • Since this match is listed as "Spain v Netherlands", Spain receives first choice of which kit to wear.
    • Spain selects all-red.
    • Since Holland's Orange clashes with red, Holland must switch to blue.
    • But according to the regulations, we now have a case of dark colored kit v dark colored kit.
    • With Spain's alternate kit being all-black, FIFA inform Spain and their kit manufacturer (Adidas) that a light colored kit needs to be submitted to comply with FIFA regulations.
    • All-white is chosen and will be worn against Holland.
    • This means Holland can switch to orange right? Wrong. Orange is deemed to be Holland's light colored kit, so white v orange would mean light kit v light kit.
    • For this match, Spain will wear white and Holland will dress in blue.

*EDIT more info: In 2010 Chile wore red to Spain's blue and FIFA had the same criteria worded exactly the same (article 32.2, page 35). Since Spain wore white shorts FIFA had no problem. http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Fernando+Torres+Chile+v+Spain+Group+H+2010+AY8p1YfHLppl.jpg http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/fifa_wc_south_africa_2010_regulations_en_14123.pdf

Nah not a chance, Spain will easily win this game. The Dutch have a good but aging team and under that heat and Spain's keeping the ball I expect a 3-0 win for the defending champions. Unless Van Persie and Robben drag this team by the scruff of their necks I think they might be going home early.

Spain will qualify with ease. I think Second place will be between Chile and Holland, that game will be one to watch. Australia will get the wooden spoon from this.

Just let me go hide in my dark corner now and hang my head in shame :pac:

Spain were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Just let me go hide in my dark corner now and hang my head in shame :pac:

Spain were awful.

lol.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Netherlands
    3 points +4
    Chile squad
    3 points +2
    Australia
    0 points -2
    Spain
    0 points -4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

spain to top the group looks like a miracle now...
    would love the aussies to grab a point off the dutch also if chile did, but wont happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I think it could be Netherlands and Chile that get through. Spain going home early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

from the funny gifs page: arp7zM7_460sa_v1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Who do they think they're kidding with that monstrous bull**** about the kit colours clashing? Red clashes with blue????

Advertisement