Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smart tv internet connectivity problems

• 12-06-2014 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi there. im not sure if this is the correct section to be posting in but im sure if it isn't someone will let me know

just recently bought a new tv, it's a 32" NordMende smart tv with saorview + freesat built into it. i have been trying for the past 8 hours on and off to get it hooked up to my wireless internet and it just doesn't make sense why it doesn't connect up, just before the new year i bought a PS3 and had that connected to the internet in minutes.

so with the TV came a wifi dongle to plug into the back of the tv, plugged that in, was able to find my SSID when searching and put in the password, it came up as being connected but with no ip address there at all, i've tried manually enterring in certain IP addresses but nothing seems to be working, some times by itself it comes up with an ip address that is nowhere near what it probably should be but then it doesn't have default gateway numbers or DNS numbers and it still doesn't connect to the internet so im really at a loss at where to go from here,

any help at all would be muchly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Yamen11

Hi

Having similar problem with LG smart TV,will not connect up to home wireless ??any ideas on how to work this out ?
    Appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

With a smart tv, it'd be worthwhile getting homeplugs, and just connect into the lan port in the back of the tv, keep your wifi for portable devices.
    Doesn't directly solve your IP address problem though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

what wireless channel is your wifi sending its signal out, i have seen lots of problems with devices set to automatic or channel 1... change to 7 or 11 for usual best results.

If your router is an old eircom one and using a wep key instead of wpa...this is more than likely the issue.

Dont think there is much on the nordmende smart tvs to be honest. But make sure the tv is set to ireland as had problems with Panasonic tvs not set to Ireland that they wouldn't work correctly.

Advertisement