Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids at Chapter One?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Would like to bring the better half to Chapter One for a special lunch but need to bring our two kids (baby and well-behaved 4y.o) as well and not sure how they are about children. Has anyone had any experiences of this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ring them & ask them is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I've seen kids there and they looked like they were around 7 or 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

extremely doubtful they would allow babies tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Why? If they don't I wouldn't bother with a pretensous place then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Hootanany wrote: »
    Babys cry. If you're trying to create a certain ambience and charging by the arm for it, you probably don't want to risk pissing off the people you're charging. Sure. it might be pretentious but that's how the owners have chosen to try to make money.

Anyway, irrelevant. Pretty sure I've seen a baby seat knocking around in the back of the cloakroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Because if i was paying that sort of money, the last thing I want to do is to listen to someones screaming children who are upset about not getting Chicken nuggets. Id be getting a babysitter if I were you, no matter where you're eating. You'll get to enjoy it a lot more that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Because if i was paying that sort of money, the last thing I want to do is to listen to someones screaming children who are upset about not getting Chicken nuggets. Id be getting a babysitter if I were you, no matter where you're eating. You'll get to enjoy it a lot more that way.

My good God:eek: we were all children once not all babies cry the snobbery of some people that frequent that place is galling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Get over yourself. It is a fine dining restaurant not TGI Friday's. It doesn't make the patrons snobs if they wish to enjoy a meal in quiet surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My good God:eek: we were all children once not all babies cry the snobbery of some people that frequent that place is galling.

If you've nothing constructive to add to the post then stop posting. The OP asked a simple question, it does not matter if you think people are snobs for wanting to eat a meal in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

While I don't have an issue with responsible parents bringing children to a restaurant for lunch, as a parent I don't think I'd enjoy bringing my young son to an expensive restaurant, I think I'd be too stressed to justify paying a lot of money for a meal. (We do go to restaurants that are family friendly at lunchtimes but not for long meals).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Having some snot-nosed kids running around is barely tolerable if in a pub devouring a carvery dinner, never mind having to tolerate it in a fine-dining establishment. There would be nothing more annoying that booking a place like Chaper One for a special occasion with the OH only to have some child roaring and shouting while their parents completely fail to control them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

There would be nothing more annoying that booking a place like Chaper One for a special occasion with the OH only to have some child roaring and shouting while their parents completely fail to control them.

That's the point, isn't it? Irresponsible, inconsiderate parents are the problem, not the children. Why blame, castigate - or even worse, bar - the poor kids because their parents are self-centred eejits who have no regard for others or what they're teaching/not teaching their children about proper behaviour?

A child never given a chance to enjoy dining in a lovely restaurant will only grow into a boorish adult who hasn't a clue about how to conduct oneself in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

penana wrote: »
    A child never given a chance to enjoy dining in a lovely restaurant will only grow into a boorish adult who hasn't a clue about how to conduct oneself in public.

Such a ridiculous statement. When growing up in rural Ireland in the 80s, I considered it a treat when I was brought to Maccy Ds up in the big smoke! But I can certainly appreciate a fine dining experience theses days...and don't even act 'boorish' on occasion! :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A child with boorish parents who do not bother to teach them manners/how to behave will grow into a boorish adult.
    I don't want to be around either if I'm paying Chapter One prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's the baby more than the well behaved 4 year old that I could see being a problem. Not like a baby is being bold or out of control if they're shouting and throwing things across the room, or bawling crying, they're just babies and an uncontrollable law upon themselves. OP you might be ok with kids for lunch, definitely call or email them to ask. I just wouldn't be surprised or offended if they can't cater for babies, if only because it's open rooms and there's nowhere that they can put you guys (that I can think of) that would allow you a little privacy should the baby be crying and people do tend to get very, very annoyed if a meal they've paid quite a lot for is interrupted by babies being babies.

Advertisement