Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET advice

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm just finishing up in college and will be doing my final project in ASP.NET. It's an application I'm doing for work that will consist mainly of a datagrid that will be used to display data from a variety of sources.

My question is, should I do it using MVC or forms? I've only done one basic website using forms in college so I'm new to both. Which would be of more benefit to me in the future?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

MVC always and forever and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Run, don't walk, away from Webforms.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MVC.

Or use Web Api and create a javascript front end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Webforms is like the Jar Jar Binks of web development. It's truly awful.

Go for MVC and the skills you learn will be transferable to other languages. Also, any ASP.NET enterprise site worth its salt is done in MVC not webforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevo794

Great thanks for all the replies, MVC it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Yeah Microsoft say that there's still a place for Webforms but I really don't see it. I'd never start a project using Forms, and would not work for a company still using it.

Best of luck

Advertisement