Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Certified copies of Documents

Options
  • 12-06-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

My friend and I are looking to get certified copies of official documents (degree, passport, etc) for use with a Visa submition.

They need the copy to be certified by an authorised solicitor, notary public, or equivalant..

we're getting quotes of €50 per document! :eek:

... soo!.... anyone have any better suggestions? recommend someone/somewhere etc?

Dublin would be fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Find your local Peace Commissioner. I'm not sure if the Gardai can do this. A Peace Commissioner shouldn't charge anything to do it as they are honorary appointments.

There should be more than 1 in your locality. As its an honorary/voluntary position they may only be available for a certain period each week to carry out their duties and you might have to book.

Try citizens information or golden pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wd42

Contact your local TD, he/she should be able to give you the name of a peace commissioner. We done that and docs are now submitted. DO NOT PAY FOR IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

A long term bank employee can do this.

Don't pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Just google 'justice of the peace', it should bring you to the website for your state where you can enter your postcode and it'll give you a list. The vic one is here, I'm sure each state will have their own. http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/home/justice+system/legal+assistance/justice+of+the+peace/

They have to do it for free but a donation is common. For example, I gave my guy $5 for signing all my visa documents last year.

I thought the op was in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Oops yeah, just noticed his location is Belfast and he's quoting prices in euros. My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Thanks for replies. I live and work in Belfast so if I can find one here then great, but Dublin is handy too and I thought that boardsies would be more familiar with Dublin than Belfast.

Thanks for replies. I live and work in Belfast so if I can find one here then great, but Dublin is handy too and I thought that boardsies would be more familiar with Dublin than Belfast.

When I migrated most of mine where done by my ulster bank manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

To have my degree & work experience accredited by Engineers Australia, I need copies certified by one of the following:
    • A Notary Public authorised in the country of application.
    • A commisionar for Oaths (Declarations) authorised in the country of applciation.
    • A Solicitor, Barrister, or Judge authoriesed in the country of applciation.
    • A Justice of Peace authorised in the country of application.
    • A migration agent registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA)

To have my degree & work experience accredited by Engineers Australia, I need copies certified by one of the following:
    • A Notary Public authorised in the country of application.
    • A commisionar for Oaths (Declarations) authorised in the country of applciation.
    • A Solicitor, Barrister, or Judge authoriesed in the country of applciation.
    • A Justice of Peace authorised in the country of application.
    • A migration agent registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA)

Maybe ask over in legal discussion where you would find one of these for free?

• Advertisement
Advertisement