Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your biggest regret?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭AdolfHipster

^ Bingo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Not dropping out of a college course as soon as I realised I wasn't getting anything out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

Only learning to drive this year.

Feel like I've wasted 10 years of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I try not to regret. But sometimes I just cannot help regretting decisions I made in the last few years. I have cared too much about what people have thought of me, taken on too much of other peoples stuff and forgiven a lot. I also annoy myself at how negative I can be. This is why I probably try not to regret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

danniemcq wrote: »
    I kinda have the same, my granda was diagnosed with cancer and was dead 6 weeks later. It was the time of my Leaving Cert and he was a builder and I made a point of asking him questions about my construction project but we never had time. I got maybe half hour with him asking about it and I wish I had more.

However I try not to think of this (much), instead i think of the days i went fishing with him. He was the guy that taught me the knot to tie a hook/trace/anything to your line so the more its pulled on the tighter the knot.

Thats something i'll always remember about him and treasure. And its a story I mention to anyone i show the knot too and some day i hope i'll be able to teach it to my kids and grandkids. And i just hope they have as fond memories of me showing them as I do of my Granda showing me

I'm sorry for your loss, we all have to go through stuff like that and you're right with hanging onto the nice memories.

I've lost all my 5 grandparents due to cancer. With most of them we knew it was going to happen. The grandpa I mentioned in my previous post was the shock. I guess that's why it's hard even years later. Because I only started to be around again after years, I wish I had more time. We brought him to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well. They found out that he had cancer everywhere and he was gone within a week.

He was an extraordinary man in his own right and he was great with us all. He built swings and all sorts of other things for us, he took me for walks with the dog, played board games with me and taught me not to be a sour loser, I nicknamed him after a certain type of mushroom and he always sang to me. Always. He laughed when I gave out to him for snoring. He snored so much the windows rattled and had the best laugh. I told him stories when he was rolling his cigarettes and he always listened :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 gillholmes

not traveling as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It's hard to pick one.

Not driving at an earlier age is a big one for me. It's amazing the difference having your own car makes.

Giving up martials arts as a youngster. I had potential but got lazy.

Pushing my ex girlfriend into a lake on a warm day. It seemed like a funny idea at the time until I realised she couldn't swim. Needless to say she wasn't impressed and I didn't get the leg over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Eating a turd sandwich. I was sick for weeks afterwards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Could be worse, could have been a Giant Douche.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not having enough regrets if I were to die tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Not driving sooner, I just bought a car so Im fixing that one this year :)

My choice of college course, I wish I had done something else :(

Thats about it really, everything else I'm pretty okay with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

I have made some monumental f**k ups in my life that, if I had to do again, I would have done differently but they all led me to where I am today and I wouldn't change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Wasting my time in the same fee paying same secondary school from first to sixth year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have many regrets in my life but for me acceptance is sometimes the hardest piece of the puzzle to fit in, Time heals so many things, and the regrets you have will fade and be replaced by new and wonderful memories.

Advertisement