Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posting from uk to ireland?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

i want to buy earphones from jvc uk website, but they post only in uk, and the best the can do is post to northern ireland. is there a way to post to ireland? is it that hard to write ireland on the package?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

try parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nala_rinaldo

what is parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭SteM

Is it that hard to google 'parcel motel'? Probably easier than it would be for JVC to post to Ireland.

www.parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

SteM wrote: »
    Is it that hard to google 'parcel motel'? Probably easier than it would be for JVC to post to Ireland.

www.parcelmotel.com

The poster was only looking for help. There's no need to be sarcastic just because he/she didn't do what might seem obvious to you.

emeldc wrote: »
    The poster was only looking for help. There's no need to be sarcastic just because he/she didn't do what might seem obvious to you.

The poster said in their first post

is it that hard to write ireland on the package?

I simply mirrored what they said by asking is it that hard to google 'parcel motel'?

Was the OP not being sarcastic about JVC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

SteM wrote: »
    The poster said in their first post

is it that hard to write ireland on the package?

I simply mirrored what they said by asking is it that hard to google 'parcel motel'?

Was the OP not being sarcastic about JVC?

I don't think the OP was being sarcastic. I think he/she might have a point. Does it really cause a logistical nightmare for a company like JVC to post to Ireland instead of the UK?

emeldc wrote: »
    I don't think the OP was being sarcastic. I think he/she might have a point. Does it really cause a logistical nightmare for a company like JVC to post to Ireland instead of the UK?

If they don't ship to Ireland then they don't ship to Ireland. There are plenty of other suppliers that don't. It doesn’t have to be a logistical issue, they may have a distributor here that doesn’t want them to sell from their site to IE. It's not just a case of 'write ireland on the package' and stick it in the postbox.

emeldc, thanks. yes apparently harvey norman, and argos sell some, but not the model i wanted but still they have one that is close to the one i wanted.
    like if i post to parcel motel, i did google it, it just made not sense. i do not want a package to stay in northern ireland, because that means i need to spend 20 euro and a day on a bus/train to go and pick it up from the northern ireland parcel motel. it might make a good way to see places but i’m not in the mood of spending 5 euro on a parcel motel, then 20-30 euro on a bus/train return ticket for a 35 euro jvc earphones.
    i might go to harvey norman shop, which is still not in city center, they have four or three shops all of which are not in city center which is why i haven’t heared of that company before.
    thanks for sarcasm and advise. but is there a service that receives and reposts? because there is also a photo service in uk jessops that makes good quality photos. i know because they had a printing service here before but not now, and they do make the best prints. but they do not post to ireland. and i want to receive it.
    i asked the same question about jvc, and the jvc said that it is not a matter of writing an address but the difference in tax and vat.
    on a second thought they could adjust the price for me. anywhay, i can buy a similar model from argos any day. thanks for time and effort in helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

but is there a service that receives and reposts?

Parcel motel...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

emeldc, thanks. yes apparently harvey norman, and argos sell some, but not the model i wanted but still they have one that is close to the one i wanted.
    like if i post to parcel motel, i did google it, it just made not sense. i do not want a package to stay in northern ireland, because that means i need to spend 20 euro and a day on a bus/train to go and pick it up from the northern ireland parcel motel. it might make a good way to see places but i’m not in the mood of spending 5 euro on a parcel motel, then 20-30 euro on a bus/train return ticket for a 35 euro jvc earphones.
    i might go to harvey norman shop, which is still not in city center, they have four or three shops all of which are not in city center which is why i haven’t heared of that company before.
    thanks for sarcasm and advise. but is there a service that receives and reposts? because there is also a photo service in uk jessops that makes good quality photos. i know because they had a printing service here before but not now, and they do make the best prints. but they do not post to ireland. and i want to receive it.
    i asked the same question about jvc, and the jvc said that it is not a matter of writing an address but the difference in tax and vat.
    on a second thought they could adjust the price for me. anywhay, i can buy a similar model from argos any day. thanks for time and effort in helping.
    Read the parcel motel information again! They forward the item to a collection point near you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Parcel Motel will do it for you - check where your local parcel mote is. Register with parcel motel (all info is on their site.) Put your parcek motel customer number as the first line of the delivery address followed by the Northern Ireland parcel motel address.
    Parcel motel will automatically redirect the parcel to your designanted parcel motel location which you have chosen.

DPD are bringing out an even better service in the Autumn - again, NI address, but followed by your address with a specfied delivey day including Saturdays - the specified delvery day stays on your account until you change it. and no extra charge for saturday delivery.
    I'm a decent size customer of dpd and what they are launching is superb from a consumer point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Consumer issue? Or issue with the consumer?

arthur, you must be a Shakespeare

Advertisement