Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spike Island for camping?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Sup lads, just wondering if you're allowed paddle over and set up a tent on Spike Island for a few nights? I know its owned by the council but not sure if just anyone can make their way over and set up camp.. I was thinking it might be nice to do over summer if the weather gets good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You would definitely need permission to camp on spike.

Have a look here.

I believe there are still places and it does involve camping on Spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was going to say you can canoe over there, head from ringaskiddy straight over. You would need permission though, could chance it and hope that no one calls to the island that day but that's up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SeanScoilCork

Thanks, any idea who I should get onto to look for permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

take a look at the site http://www.spikeislandcork.ie/getting-there maybe send them an email and they will let you know. That or try Cork county council

Advertisement