Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large tonsil and Lymphoma

Options
  • 12-06-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My daughter has one tonsil that has always been much bigger than the other. My gp always said that it was nothing to worry about. However I've recently change doctor and the new one wanted it checked. So we saw the consultant this morning and he said with one big tonsil there is the chance of lymphoma or something else sinister and she has to get it out for diagnosis. Normally the waiting list for tonsils is months but she's being made a priority and is going to be done in the next few weeks. I'm not looking for medical advice but has anyone ever heard of a child having one tonsil being bigger where there was nothing else wrong? I'm going out of my mind here

Advertisement