Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Adventure Race Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Also, nearly practically on the stroke of every hour i did the race i ended up hitting 'end' on my garmin with my bag strap as i took it off my back! Was raging the first time but after that i was too sore and tired to be bothered!!

Also looking forward to seeing the footage from the drone they had over the lake!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Ath trasna wrote: »
    Brilliant day on Sat, lucky with the weather again for the most part. I really enjoyed the 27km route, another very well organised event. There seemed to be a little bit of confusion regarding the distance for the kayak, we went out around the little island but others we spoke to went out as far as a buoy/barrell and turned there. Anyone else notice this?

Last year I did the 27km and we kayaked as far as the blue barrel, this year then I did the 27km again but we went around the little island and everyone else around us did the same. Was wondering alright if we should have had a shorter route?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Broken bike and a big grumpy head....it was probably me alright!

Does anybody know when registration is open for March?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ath trasna

[QUOTE=Does anybody know when registration is open for March?[/QUOTE]

Is there a shorter version next March? I think they just had a 50+ km route last March

Is there a shorter version next March? I think they just had a 50+ km route last March

Im sure there is 2 routes planned for March 2015 I must have a look at the leaflet that was in our Goodie Bag.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure its 55 & 30.

Was there a kayak section in the March race?

Puibo wrote: »
    Pretty sure its 55 & 30.

Yeah checked the flyer we got, the discount code of €10.00 off is valid until 01st Jan 2015

The 10 euro off is handy cause its an expensive enough day out as is.

Legs were fine the day after and Monday but late on Monday my left knee is bruised around the knee cap, was giving me a bit of jib on the way down Torc. Is it usual to bruise a couple days after these races?

Also the Dingle flyer i got has that early bird price BEFORE 1st Dec and BEFORE 28th Feb not 1st of January... just so ya know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nmccd

There was last year anyway

There was last year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Registration is open now for the March Adventure Race

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

Any body have a discount code they aren't going to use. Thanks.

I see the routes for the Paddy's Weekend race are up on the website. Anyone signed up yet?

I see the routes for the Paddy's Weekend race are up on the website. Anyone signed up yet?

Not yet...I have just checked to routes. I did it last year, 55 km. Found the run very hard as it was changed from 9km to 12 km the week before the event...allot of road to run :-( and I want prepared for that...I'm going to do it again...if I find my discount voucher! The view from the mountain was fab last year...glorious day as well

Not yet...I have just checked to routes. I did it last year, 55 km. Found the run very hard as it was changed from 9km to 12 km the week before the event...allot of road to run :-( and I want prepared for that...I'm going to do it again...if I find my discount voucher! The view from the mountain was fab last year...glorious day as well

Im signed up. Looking forward to it.

Nobody should be giving out the discount code. There is a reason you dont have one if you have to ask for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone have any discount codes? Would greatly appreciate a PM of one. Also am pondering over going for 33 of 55km option. Do you know can you change nearer to the day?
    There seems to be 8k of longer route on gravel path. Would road bike be a viable option for this or would you need a hybrid?

• Advertisement

I did the 55K last year and I have signed up for it again this year. I used a road bike with gaitor tyres
    mjp wrote: »
    Anyone have any discount codes? Would greatly appreciate a PM of one. Also am pondering over going for 33 of 55km option. Do you know can you change nearer to the day?
    There seems to be 8k of longer route on gravel path. Would road bike be a viable option for this or would you need a hybrid?

I did the 55K last year and I have signed up for it again this year. I used a road bike with gaitor tyres
    mjp wrote: »

Quick question, does anyone know if there is any video footage from the Race?

Mostly i mean the drone footage that was taken over the lake / kayak part of the race

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BeBetter

BKWDR wrote: »

Mostly i mean the drone footage that was taken over the lake / kayak part of the race

I think that footage was taken for a Eurosport program being made of the race. I don't have any detail on when that will be though. Looking forward to seeing it though, the drone was following me doing my kamikaze down off Strickeen!

hi guys

did you see the class medal for this years KAR? i think they look great, the style where one fits in to the other is a great incentive to participate in both March & October

BKWDR wrote:

I saw it on channel 4 last week. you could probably get it on 4od still.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It's here, about a minute of annoying ads at the start but the programme after that is excellent IMO. Up for another 2 weeks or so on 4OD...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

Zzippy wrote: »
    It's here, about a minute of annoying ads at the start but the programme after that is excellent IMO. Up for another 2 weeks or so on 4OD...

Great stuff, thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭mjp

Doing the 55k route on 14th march and wondering if anyone has strava link or details of inclines of route.

Don't have huge amount of training done and unsure of whether be able for 55k route and may have to drop to 33k if it's a very hilly route. First time doing. A race like this so not too sure what to expect

Advertisement