Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Adventure Race Information

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Just wondering how everybodys training is going. Im finding it hard to get out on the bike with the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Puibo wrote: »
    Just wondering how everybodys training is going. Im finding it hard to get out on the bike with the rain.

Ditto, have just been running. Reckon I'll only get the 1 cycle training spin in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

How about a turbo trainer? Priceless in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Yup, zero outdoor bike time done, mainly running, I'm hoping the time spent on the turbo trainer will help !!

Axel Lamp wrote:
    Ditto, have just been running. Reckon I'll only get the 1 cycle training spin in.

Managed to get a bike/run session in today between showers.

Ive tried my brothers turbo trainer before and to be honest its no substitute!

A spinning class is a good alternative i find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nmccd

hi guys i v little bike work done...went out today up the 55km route ...cold, wet challanging but great to get a preview of the route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I haven't prepped as much as I would have liked to over the last 3 weeks.

Saturday will still be fun though, looking forward to the hot tub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

How are people carrying the first aid kit, survival blanket and whistle and other such things as per the listing given out by the organisers?

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    How are people carrying the first aid kit, survival blanket and whistle and other such things as per the listing given out by the organisers?

Instead of carrying a pack like I normally do.

I have a 1 litre Camelpak that comes with straps. There's a small pocket and it holds a whistle, folded map, compass and survival blanket. I will tape a field dressing to the strap.

They don't check for all the items. At the SL they will ask to see maybe 2 things...well that was last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ath trasna

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to get a shower after the race on Saturday? I'm planning on driving up and down on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They don't check for all the items.

Not a reason to skimp on carrying them though!

Put your first aid stuff in ziploc bags so they stay dry in event of rain etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

amazes me how many people just leave all their gear at the bike transition area - and carry nothing on the mountain run. I seem to be the only one with a bag!

I have an entry for the 55km route that I won't be able to use due to injury unfortunately.
    A friend of mine will collect my goodie bag etc for me as he's taking part, but if anybody wants to take my place in the actual race (free of charge, shame to let it go to waste!) let me know via pm here and I can put you in touch with him Saturday morning.

Cheers.

AKW wrote: »
    Not a reason to skimp on carrying them though!

Put your first aid stuff in ziploc bags so they stay dry in event of rain etc.

Ah I'd never suggest not bringing the bits and bobs, just stating that they didn't ask to see everything at the start.

All essential pieces of kit just incase. I Bring latex gloves on the off chance I come across someone that's injured and needs a hand.

What kind of food are people carrying with them tmw?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭mjp

Two bananas two energy gels snickers bar and high5 electrolyte diluted with water. Have good breakfast beforehand cause will have most that burnt off on the cycle. Fingers crossed we get the decent weather it's promised and hopefully back in Gleneagle hotel in time for ireland match @2:30.

mjp wrote:
    Two bananas two energy gels snickers bar and high5 electrolyte diluted with water. Have good breakfast beforehand cause will have most that burnt off on the cycle. Fingers crossed we get the decent weather it's promised and hopefully back in Gleneagle hotel in time for ireland match @2:30.

Yeah and hopfully no icy patches on the road too!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Hope everyone had a good day in Killarney. I thought the weather and the scenery were outstanding.

I was just wondering if anyone had a gpx of the route. My phones GPS switched off halfway though so I've only got my time and heart rate no actual route map from about 4k after the 1st transition.. I'd appreciate if someone could help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

doniem wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone had a gpx of the route. My phones GPS switched off halfway though so I've only got my time and heart rate no actual route map from about 4k after the 1st transition.. I'd appreciate if someone could help me out.

33k or 50k?

I did the 33 and if it's possible to export a gpx from Garmin then I'll get it for you, but it won't be before Tuesday when I get back to my PC.

33k or 50k?

I did the 33 and if it's possible to export a gpx from Garmin then I'll get it for you, but it won't be before Tuesday when I get back to my PC.

Thanks very much but I should have said it's the 55k i'm looking for. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

doniem wrote: »
    Thanks very much but I should have said it's the 55k i'm looking for. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Hey Doniem, I did the 55K and I can export the gpx file from my Garmin Forerunner 410 if you want it... But if your times are better than mine I want €€€ :)

Just messing, I can send the file on to you no problem.

kao123 wrote: »
    Hey Doniem, I did the 55K and I can export the gpx file from my Garmin Forerunner 410 if you want it... But if your times are better than mine I want €€€ :)

Just messing, I can send the file on to you no problem.

Thanks very much, I have at least 300 monopoly dollars here with your name on them! I'll send you a pm with my email address.

Advertisement