Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbride 5/10km

Options
  • 12-06-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭

Kilbride G.F.C. Clonee, Co Meath
    -5 KM/10KM ROAD RACE
    -Tuesday 17th June 2012 @ 8pm

Does anyone have any info on this race (course etc) or has anyone ever ran this race? There's not a lot of info online. My original plan to was to run the Dunshaughlin 10K but will be away that weekend. Struggling to find a midweek race.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Got this below from the organisers. tang1 is doing it and familiar with the route etc so might be along with further info for you. There's a thread about Meath Events somewhere in the Events forum that might have a little more info.

Kilbride G.F.C

Co. Meath

5 KM and 10KM ROAD RACE

Tuesday 17th June 2014 @ 8pm

Flat Left Handed Measured IAAF Certified Course

(Through country roads) (CHIP TIMED)

Registration and secure changing area, Parking, Light Refreshments at Kilbride GFC Clubhouse

(Registration at www.runireland.com or www.active.com or through link on www.kilbridegfc.com or on the evening 6pm to 7.30pm)

Prizes: - Mens, Ladies, Veterans and Juveniles

Entry Fee: - €15 online registration (€20 on evening)

Directions : Only 3 miles from Blanchardstown, Ratoath, Ashbourne, Clonee.One Mile from Hollystown Golf Club on Ratoath Road.

Further details on club website, www.kilbridegfc.com and www.runireland.com

(We hope to make your participation an enjoyable experience on our country roads on a summer’s evening. Thank you for your participation and support).

Kilbride G.F.C.

5 KM and 10KM

ROAD RACE

Tuesday 17th June 2014

@ 8pm

All Welcome

Please Support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Excellent, thanks. Found a few photos online.....doesn't look 'flat' anyway!!

Excellent, thanks. Found a few photos online.....doesn't look 'flat' anyway!!

I drove the route of the 5k and it seemed pretty flat except for a climb at the very start. Decent enough route I'd say. Things can seem different on foot often though!

Ososlo wrote: »
    I drove the route of the 5k and it seemed pretty flat except for a climb at the very start. Decent enough route I'd say. Things can seem different on foot often though!

Cool. Is the 10k 2 laps of the 5k course? Think I will give it a bash, if the body holds up this week that is :)

Cool. Is the 10k 2 laps of the 5k course? Think I will give it a bash, if the body holds up this week that is :)

According to tang1's post here on this thread yes it's 2 laps. Enjoy! I was looking forward to doing it but can't now. Lovely peaceful country roads.

• Advertisement

Ososlo wrote: »
    According to tang1's post here on this thread yes it's 2 laps. Enjoy! I was looking forward to doing it but can't now. Lovely peaceful country roads.

Thanks again for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Just drove the route at work dublin runner, as you turn left off the main road onto a country lane the surface is rough underfoot for good 1km or so. So watch the feet, you go through a crossroads onto another quite country lane where the surface improves greatly and is good till the end of the race.

Few little bumps here & there but by no means a hilly route. See the km markers marked out on the road in yellow spray paint already.

tang1 wrote: »
    Just drove the route at work dublin runner, as you turn left off the main road onto a country lane the surface is rough underfoot for good 1km or so. So watch the feet, you go through a crossroads onto another quite country lane where the surface improves greatly and is good till the end of the race.

Few little bumps here & there but by no means a hilly route. See the km markers marked out on the road in yellow spray paint already.

That's brilliant, thanks. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Lovely weather although a tad humid but good course with plenty of shade along the way.

Did the 10k and really enjoyed it even if it was a bit lonely on the second lap when pretty much all the group I was in jumped out at 5k:(

Well organised with a great team of volunteers and nice spread afterwards. Thanks to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Well ran race, well marshalled, distance bang on, chip timing and a fast course. Big spread of food at the end with fresh bananas and plenty of water. All for €13 which isn't to be sniffed at. I'll be back for more next year hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

Lovely setting down quiet country roads and a really friendly atmosphere. Got a new PB for 10K too, then stuffed myself with cake. Be back next year.

Very impressed by this race. Nothing at all to complain about, which makes a nice change. I had a poor race but the course is very fair, I would even describe it as fast! The weather killed me though but cannot blame the race organisers for the that!

15 euro for a top notch race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Well done to all involved in organising this race, great atmosphere before and after, loads of much needed refreshments on offer which is always a plus :D

Duanington wrote: »
    Well done to all involved in organising this race, great atmosphere before and after, loads of much needed refreshments on offer which is always a plus :D

Totally. Think is the sort of race that could grown and grow. It'll be interesting to see how it goes next year. I'll hopefully be back to avenge a pretty average performance......hopefully it won't be as hot as this year though! This Irishman melts in the heat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Totally. Think is the sort of race that could grown and grow. It'll be interesting to see how it goes next year. I'll hopefully be back to avenge a pretty average performance......hopefully it won't be as hot as this year though! This Irishman melts in the heat :)

lol - we're certainly out of our comfort zones when the sun shines alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Did the 5km, nice little race, PB for me, happy but not delighted with my performance,
    It was a lovely albeit brief experience to be in the lead pack at a race
    Thought it was bumpy enough between about 1.5-2.5, constantly seemed to be running around bends to see a little incline.
    Seemed very well organised- there was a bit of a queue for "on the night" registration but that didn't affect me. Nice spread of food afterwards and I was able to find the chip results online last night.
    Great value and I'll keep an eye out for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Sorry to drag up an old thread, was just hoping for some advice. Looking for a 10k around the date of this run for myself and a friend. We did an hour bang on for the Samsung night run and are looking to do something similar next time out. I am always afraid of entering a race where we end up paddy last or trying to keep up with a pace that is really beyond us. I found the timings for the 2014 race ( http://actiontiming.ie/results/kb10k14-double-sided-clocks/ ) but it looks like a lot of runners didn't get a time? Do you think this run might be ok for 10k/1hr runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

You probably wouldn't be last if you can complete it in around an hour....there's always the Dunshaughlin 10k?
    http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/10k.asp

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, was just hoping for some advice. Looking for a 10k around the date of this run for myself and a friend. We did an hour bang on for the Samsung night run and are looking to do something similar next time out. I am always afraid of entering a race where we end up paddy last or trying to keep up with a pace that is really beyond us. I found the timings for the 2014 race ( http://actiontiming.ie/results/kb10k14-double-sided-clocks/ ) but it looks like a lot of runners didn't get a time? Do you think this run might be ok for 10k/1hr runner?

You'll be more than fine.

Really good race last year. Quite a fast course. All I can remember is the heat last year. Must have been 20+ degrees (and it was evening start!).

Advertisement