Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get a student account as a mature student?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

I have read in the terms and conditions that the third level student accounts are available for students 25 or younger but that exceptions may be made for students older than this.  I am a 28 y/o mature student and do not have any loans/overdrafts/mortgages etc.  Can you give me an idea of what the exceptions are as I was interested in opening an account with BOI.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Shine7,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland has no obligation to offer this account to applicants who are aged over 25 years of age and are engaged in fulltime third level education or are fulltime in a post-graduate course that lasts at least one academic year.

Despite this, sometimes we do offer the Account to applicants aged over 25. If we do this is at the discretion of your branch.

If you meet the conditions set out above, we may also ask that:

(i) - You give us satisfactory evidence that you are attending Third Level education institution for more than 21 hours each week;

(ii) - You give us a Central Applications Office (“CAO”) number to help us confirm your identity and permanent address (you also agree that your Account is not considered to be open until the CAO verifies your details to us).

To query this further you will need to contact your local or account holding branch directly.

I hope this helps,

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement