Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC Religion 2014 ** Discussion/Predictions/Help

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

yoajing wrote: »
    Think of it this way… 15 minutes per page.

UNIT ONE - 80 marks = 30 minutes

UNIT TWO - 160 marks = 60 minutes (or 30 mins per section)

UNIT THREE - 80 marks = 30 minutes.

You can only do 2 pages for an 80 marker?!? ****ing teacher making me do 4 ! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

Nick_1494 wrote: »
    You can only do 2 pages for an 80 marker?!? ****ing teacher making me do 4 ! :O

I got an A1 from doing just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Silver Sniper

Someone just give me a few things to study for tomorow that are likely t come up im desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kaeb

I'm also desperate, I added this subject last minute as an external repeat applicant for the sake of points desperation.

I can't find any resources online that basically outline the exact material/definitions and topics that are required for me to cover.

If anyone could lay anything out/provide notes you would basically ensure me getting a good grade and I'd owe you for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

Kaeb wrote: »
    I'm also desperate, I added this subject last minute as an external repeat applicant for the sake of points desperation.

I can't find any resources online that basically outline the exact material/definitions and topics that are required for me to cover.

If anyone could lay anything out/provide notes you would basically ensure me getting a good grade and I'd owe you for life.

The syllabus is a good source. Check out the "OUTCOMES" column in each topic as it will give you sample questions. As far as I know, they'll only ask questions based on them.

curriculumonline.ie/getmedia/634e6941-03f5-4599-ad97-61316e336360/SCSEC29_Religious_Ed_syllabus_eng_1.pdf

Also, check out Eoin Jackson's youtube channel for his prediction on religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kaeb

Thanks for your help!

Anything else I should know?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

So how did we find that? :P

Think it was a pretty fair paper myself for the sections I did. Aristotle on Section A was a bit of a curveball but I didn't mind as I know his ideas just wasn't expecting him.

Christianity was a nice section, good choice options and nothing too complex what with Messianic Expectations and Returning to Origins.

The first World Religions question was a bit tricky and isn't covered really in the books. You kind of had to apply your general knowledge to it. Vision of Salvation for me was handy to fill 2 pages.

Worship, Prayer and Ritual was very simplistic in my opinion with symbolism and ritualism. Very broad topics that were easy to apply to the question asked. The 'sacrament' question was phrased oddly I thought. I think it was asking about the importance and meaning of the sacraments between the two denominations which may seem obvious but in a rush it could be easy to misinterpret it.

All in all, for my chosen sections I think it was a lovely paper. Great feeling handing it up knowing it's my last exam too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kmac16

I did Section A question two - I was happy as I had Ancient Rites learnt off well! The prophetic and Holy ways of looking at life were also straight forward to write about.

Section. B- Returning to Origins was a handy question. For Messianic Expectation, I don't think I knew a gospel account well enough so I tried to fill up the essay with information to do with the different expectations of Messiah.
    Section.D- Nice questions- I did Abortion as the moral issue. I did War for Part(b), I knew the information off on war however I found it difficult to cut down to suit the question, anyway I think I did well in it.
    Section. G- Nice questions but I didn't leave enough time for this section. I had to rush and I only wrote around 2 to 2.5 pages on the whole section :(
    It wasn't a bad paper the only real problem was the timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

Kmac16 wrote: »
    I did Section A question two - I was happy as I had Ancient Rites learnt off well! The prophetic and Holy ways of looking at life were also straight forward to write about.

Section. B- Returning to Origins was a handy question. For Messianic Expectation, I don't think I knew a gospel account well enough so I tried to fill up the essay with information to do with the different expectations of Messiah.
    Section.D- Nice questions- I did Abortion as the moral issue. I did War for Part(b), I knew the information off on war however I found it difficult to cut down to suit the question, anyway I think I did well in it.
    Section. G- Nice questions but I didn't leave enough time for this section. I had to rush and I only wrote around 2 to 2.5 pages on the whole section :(
    It wasn't a bad paper the only real problem was the timing!

Timing is an absolute killer for religion. Luckily I learned that mistake in the mocks so I adjusted as best I can and barely managed to get everything done. The last question looked like it was written by a hyper 6 year old because of the speed I had write :L As long as you got your key points in for the last question you'll be grand :)

Advertisement