Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

education requirements ?

• 12-06-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm living in the the republic and have applied for the new campaign.

my question is can you join the psni with just a leaving certificate ? I only have a pass leaving cert...

I done maths at foundation level I got a C.. will this suffice for the equivalent grades required ? I read online the psni will only take people who done ordinary level maths in leaving cert is this true ?

anyone on here with information about it or know who i can contact to find out more ? it would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crinkley

A.G.S wrote: »
    Hi guys,

my question is can you join the psni with just a leaving certificate ? I only have a pass leaving cert...

I done maths at foundation level I got a C.. will this suffice for the equivalent grades required ? I read online the psni will only take people who done ordinary level maths in leaving cert is this true ?

anyone on here with information about it or know who i can contact to find out more ? it would be much appreciated :)

I'm from Ireland too and have checked. They will accept ordinary c or honours d. There is an eu comparison scale so think it's slightly open to interpretation as they don't state what grade of c etc. I'd check out the link and see. You could always contact the department of education in Athlone they may be in a better position to tell you exactly what that is worth as a gcse I have experience of contacting Deloitte last year regarding the IT requirement and they weren't great. What about your junior what did you get for maths in that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Foundation wont suffice !

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

A.G.S wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am in the same boat as yourself, I did foundation level.
    From my understanding of it they will not accept foundation level :(

Advertisement