Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prints from slides - Where to go?

• 12-06-2014 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am new here, and hoping that somebody could help me. Naively I went to a camera centre and asked them to make prints of some old slides, explaining them that some of those I intend to get framed. Asked them to get the slides cleaned, etc.

It was a mistake to go there.

The prints I have got back today are just rubbish. None were cleaned, all of them much darker (i.e.: in case of one portrait you could hardly tell that it is an old lady looking through a window), so I was massively disappointed. They charged surprisingly little, though, so probably all the slides went through a scanner without anybody actually looking at them, but it was very disappointing, nevertheless.

Anyway, these slides (and some more) are very dear to me, and I would like to get a professional to scan and print them. Cost doesn't matter. Could any of you please suggest a very good lab where I could get this job done? Dublin, please.

Thank you for all your suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

You could try 360-dpi in Dun Laoghaire, the owner is active here, he posts as stcstc. Print quality would be excellent, just check if he can scan slides.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Wrote him an email. No answer so far :-( Well, I just keep looking then. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

whoa, i did reply, didnt get a bounce back email either

maybe pm me here and can sort

Advertisement