Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has work on new Central Bank Spencer Dock started?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Construction update:

Panels being fixed onto building, and basement at an advanced stage!

So positive to finally see real work being done on it's completion. The decrepit skeleton structure was such an eyesore and painful symbol of Ireland's slump for the last 7 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Some pics with my crappy phone today...

20151208_140637.jpg

20151208_140825.jpg

20151208_140911.jpg

20151208_141054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Great to see the external glass cladding finally being added. There really is something symbolic about seeing that relic to the bust being visibly transformed again. I read in the irish times yesterday that the neighbouring site will start construction of a 9 storey building this week also which is more good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ongarboy wrote: »
    Great to see the external glass cladding finally being added. There really is something symbolic about seeing that relic to the bust being visibly transformed again. I read in the irish times yesterday that the neighbouring site will start construction of a 9 storey building this week also which is more good news!
    9 storey is depressing for that site. What a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

9 storey is depressing for that site. What a waste.

9 Storey with two set-back!!

I second you on the depressing statement!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    9 Storey with two set-back!!

I second you on the depressing statement!:mad:
    Enough with the set-back! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The SDZ presented a real opportunity to combat urban sprawl and to add this era's architecture to a City that has struggled to break with georgian tradition. Pitty. Instead we get American suburban office park squat. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Would echo the sentiments of the previous poster. Really seems like a lost opportunity to build up in this one particular area.

Advertisement