Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA to give $750,000 handout to the FAI

• 12-06-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

So its seems Blatter is giving every association a handout to sweeten them up for his upcoming election and to brush the Qatar issue under the carpet.They have amassed $1.5 billion in income/profits.

I hope that John Delaney puts this money in upping the LOI prize money which as it stands,is a shameful figure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd rather see it put into some grass roots football than the LOI tbh. Would make more of a difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I hope that John Delaney puts this money in upping the LOI prize money which as it stands,is a shameful figure.

We all know thats not going to happen while he is around.

Pay off some of the Aviva debt probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Kirby wrote: »
    I'd rather see it put into some grass roots football than the LOI tbh. Would make more of a difference.

I agree. Give it to Ruud Dokter to put in to grassroots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Great idea, so the gap between grass roots and senior football can grow and leave players with very little options moving up through the ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I would personally love to see it invested in LOI.

Itd be fantastic for the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

So its seems Blatter is giving every association a handout to sweeten them up for his upcoming election and to brush the Qatar issue under the carpet.They have amassed $1.5 billion in income/profits.

How much is the LOI prize money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The Dagda wrote: »
    How much is the LOI prize money?

Two days wages for Yaya Toure,and Im not joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Two days wages for Yaya Toure,and Im not joking.

50-60 grand? Is that for winning it? Sounds about right to me. What's the total prize "fund"?

Is there still a 15,000 registration fee for each LOI club each year?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

John Delaney is the Irish Sepp Blatter, so no chance of the money getting used for anything it should be used for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Grass roots is just as much of a black hole as the LOI.

The amount of money being taken out of football in Ireland is criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is there still a 15,000 registration fee for each LOI club each year?

€19k I believe. Have to finish 4th (€20k) or you are losing money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

LOI prize money is abysmal, the holy grail is hitting European group stages and even then things are tight. The reg fee is mental too, no wonder so many teams go under.

Oat23 wrote: »

That's madness. I'd like to see them justify that reg fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Oat23 wrote: »

€18 or €19, but still it's shocking!
    circadian wrote: »
    LOI prize money is abysmal, the holy grail is hitting European group stages and even then things are tight. The reg fee is mental too, no wonder so many teams go under.

Holy grail is far from hitting Europe, clubs can make a loss overall on Europe if they get sh1tty draws e.g. Pats a few years back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Augmerson wrote: »
    Pay off some of the Aviva debt probably.

I don't think this is a bad thing. The sooner the FAI are out of debt the sooner they start making a profit. No excuses at all then for not putting money in to grassroots and the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I wonder will delaney use it like the African FA chiefs used their donations from the Asian FA slush fund amonst other places ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

So we got this money plus the €5 million.Where do we start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

So we got this money plus the €5 million.Where do we start?

The FAI accounts ?

Advertisement