Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please RTE

• 12-06-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Dear RTE,

Please make a dedicated sports channel. I'm sick and tired of having sports shows and matches replacing shows that I want to watch. Why the **** do I, and probably a lot of others, have to suffer because of sports? Why don't you just make a dedicated sports channel so people can have the best of both worlds. Why not just get rid of RTE +1? It doesn't even start until 7PM. Why not turn it into a channel dedicated to sports? That way, I can watch RTE Two un interrupted and sports enthusiasts get to watch what they want. Plus, you will have a new channel to run ads on and make more money. What the **** are you waiting for, do it already.

Yours sincerely,

Someone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I agree with you but i think by law there not allowed to, only so many channels have a license and i dont think there allowed to lets say replace rte news now with a sports channel for a month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

For the next month....RTE 2 will be a sports channel. the solution is to stick €5 or €10 on some team with a chance of being in the World Cup until the last 8. That way you have an "interest" - and BBC4 / downloading / boxsets will tide you through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Try one of the other hundreds of channels not showing the World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrBrightIdea

lertsnim wrote: »
    Try one of the other hundreds of channels not showing the World Cup

Only have Saor View. TG4 is not my thing, 3e is fairly ****e most of the time, TV3 is all game shows and granny soaps and RTE 1 is all crime, news and ****ty documentaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Only have Saor View. TG4 is not my thing, 3e is fairly ****e most of the time, TV3 is all game shows and granny soaps and RTE 1 is all crime, news and ****ty documentaries.

What's left after the things you listed? Big Bang Theory and the likes? Isn't that the kind of stuff 3e shows?

• Advertisement

Well that blows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

I sympathise to a certain extent. I'll be watching the world cup but I can understand the feelings of those who find it a bore.
    You could get a satellite dish, or subscribe to Netflix. Or box sets.
    TBH there isn't enough time to watch the excellent amount of TV available outside RTE broadcast if you take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Imagine RTE 2 without Sport! The RTE Ratings on Aertel have stopped updating, but when they were last (week ending May 4th) the top-rated programme was Champions League football with 327k viewers followed by Revenge with 189k viewers (40% less). The tenth-ranked programme had 84k viewers. :eek: To put those numbers in perspective, the range of RTE 1's ratings was 300-575k. I think there would be little justification for RTE 2 were it not for the fact that Six Nations, Champions League, Gaelic, Olympics, etc, would overwhelm RTE 1 in its absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

RTE has multiple channels on Saorview, but would not be allowed use these for sports event.
    Talk to your TD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I feel your pain OP! It really bugged me growing up having shows I really liked being put in hiatus for anything up to a month because some sports-related nonsense was happening. I finally got into 'alternative media' such as DVDs etc. when, at one stage, RTE were showing Chapmions League stuff every Tuesday and Wednsday night. It was a bit much really. I started with DVDs, got in a Freesat setup and it was the best thing I ever did. Over time then I kept up with the progressions in digital media to the point now where I no longer have a conventional TV service so, last night, while friends were all over Facebook shouting for Croatia or Brazil, I was watching stuff I was actually intersted in and was only vaguely aware that there was some sports-related nonsense going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can we have a bad American sitcom channel as well?

Or is that 3e......

E4 covers that also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was out in RTE the other day. Everyone was running around singing this song:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yes world cup, the 1 month every 2 years (euros also) where my license fee actually works for me :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement