Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnected

Options
  • 12-06-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I've been disconnected by Eircom. After numerous calls to customer service starting back in December where I queried the amount of €150 appearing on my bill. I had previously been told that connection was free of charge and the first time I queried this I was told it would be taken off the next bill. It still kept appearing on subsequent bills and I always paid the difference, i.e. any amounts over that. I have spoken to so many different people, just a few examples: on 13 Dec at 11:55 Mark assured me the €150 would be waived, so did James on 29 April at 10:56, then today I was told by Ross that there was a note saying I had to sign up for direct debit, again, I was never told that in the past. He refused to let me speak to a supervisor and said there was none available. He said he can't deal with it as he has to answer the next call and kept referring me to the website that I can't log on to because I've been disconnected. So I had to purchase dongle credit from a different provider to get on the internet. Tomorrow I may not be able to work. Well done Eircom, charging me for something I was never told about, making sure it doesn't get resolved and now this! Your customer service is next to none!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pixie64 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been disconnected by Eircom. After numerous calls to customer service starting back in December where I queried the amount of €150 appearing on my bill. I had previously been told that connection was free of charge and the first time I queried this I was told it would be taken off the next bill. It still kept appearing on subsequent bills and I always paid the difference, i.e. any amounts over that. I have spoken to so many different people, just a few examples: on 13 Dec at 11:55 Mark assured me the €150 would be waived, so did James on 29 April at 10:56, then today I was told by Ross that there was a note saying I had to sign up for direct debit, again, I was never told that in the past. He refused to let me speak to a supervisor and said there was none available. He said he can't deal with it as he has to answer the next call and kept referring me to the website that I can't log on to because I've been disconnected. So I had to purchase dongle credit from a different provider to get on the internet. Tomorrow I may not be able to work. Well done Eircom, charging me for something I was never told about, making sure it doesn't get resolved and now this! Your customer service is next to none!
    Hi Pixie64

I can confrim the €150 is a deposit required if you choose not to pay by direct debit. The only way this can be waived is if you agree to payment by direct debit however I will be unable to arrange direct debit or reactivation and contact to accounts on free phone 1901 or via wbchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/ will be required.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement