Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

** Temporary World Cup Charter **- UPDATED 16/6/14

• 12-06-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

You may or may not have seen this from Dav : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057229168
    Dav wrote: »
    Hello all,

The FIFA World Cup kicks off this evening in Brazil and in order to host the best possible discussions on the games and the tournament itself, we're removing the regular restrictions on posting on the Soccer Forum. Now anyone can post without having to request access to the forum as before.

Enjoy!

As we're likely to have a bit more traffic due to the forum being open, we've set down the following in the way of a new, temporary charter for the duration of the World Cup, please read it when you have a chance as it effects everyone, thanks.

Hi All,

As the forum is now an open to everyone to use, except currently banned Soccer users, we've decided to change the totting up process for yellow cards and bans.

Its simple really, for all you new guys/girls in here, usual Boards.ie rules apply on abuse, trolling, streams etc etc. I would also like to draw your attention to the regular Soccer Forum charter in order to familiarise yourself with the forum policies as some of the rules are quite different to other forums on the site.

For all the new guys here, if you violate these rules you'll be issued a Yellow card or a Red card for more serious breaches, for the length of the World Cup, if you pick up 2 yellows or 1 Red, you'll be banned for a month (the length of the World Cup).

For the regular users here, same rules apply to you but if you have cards on your record they will NOT be totted up for the duration of the World Cup and will not count to any future ban after the World Cup, however, if a user currently has a poor record in the Soccer Forum, at the Mod's discretion, the ban length may be increased under the above 2 yellow/1 red ban system.

Everyone please note this temporary World Cup charter is in place across the whole forum and not just for World Cup threads, any breaching of the no abuse/trolling/streams etc etc rule, across the forum by anyone will result in cards/bans.

Thank you and I want to say thanks to Dav and the guys behind the scenes for setting this up and allowing anyone who wants to use the Soccer Forum during the World Cup, a chance to do so.

Also, for a guidline, please see the Soccer Forum charter which relates to abuse, trolling etc etc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056320446

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Will there be new match threads for each big team game or are the group threads to be used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does this allow posters who are banned back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This will end well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Turtyturd wrote: »

The first line Turtyturd! :D
    As the forum is now an open to everyone to use, except currently banned Soccer users, we've decided to suspend the Soccer Forum charter in place of a temporary World Cup charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The first line Turtyturd! :D

I have ADD. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SantryRed wrote: »
    Will there be new match threads for each big team game or are the group threads to be used?

We'd prefer if people use the Group threads as not to clog up the club threads but for the k/o rounds we can certainly have individual threads.
    Paully D wrote: »
    This will end well :pac:

Hopefully although in place of the old forum a charter, we'll be really enforcing the "dont be a d*ck" rule so hopefully everyone plays nicely for the WC.
    Turtyturd wrote: »

Nope, banned users remain banned as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

For the regular users here, same rules apply to you but if you have cards on your record they will NOT be totted up for the duration of the World Cup and will not count to any future ban after the World Cup, however, if a user currently has a poor record in the Soccer Forum, at the Mod's discretion, the ban length may be increased under the above 2 yellow/1 red ban system.

Can I just ask why? I don't see what difference it makes whether people are breaking the charter during or not during the World Cup.. It could just lead to things getting messy for the next month..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a horrible abuse of the forum.

Suspending the SF access procedure and charter for the duration of the tournament is a ridiculous decision. The forum is set up the way it is because that is what works best for the discussion of football in this forum.

Now because the WC is popular, and has attracted the attention of people who aren't normally interested in posting in this forum, the regular users of the forum lose their charter and the discussion will suffer. All during the biggest tournament in football.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Can I just ask why? I don't see what difference it makes whether people are breaking the charter during or not during the World Cup.. It could just lead to things getting messy for the next month..

Well if someone is a known trouble maker and they continue to cause trouble they may get a longer ban and get their current card record taken into consideration.

I've no doubt we wont have to enforce it but its there just to let people know its not a chance to kick off and cause trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Boards must be desperate for traffic, this will turn the Soccer Forum into a trainwreck again.

• Advertisement

My only worry is that this could become AH 2.0. :(

Pro. F wrote: »

Suspending the SF access procedure and charter for the duration of the tournament is a ridiculous decision. The forum is set up the way it is because that is what works best for the discussion of football in this forum.

Now because the WC is popular, and has attracted the attention of people who aren't normally interested in posting in this forum, the regular users of the forum lose their charter and the discussion will suffer. All during the biggest tournament in football.

It shuldnt and wont.

We didnt suspended per se but this give the people who dont post her a quick summary.

Basically 2 cards and your out and you get carded for the usual boards stuff, abuse/trolling/streams etc.

The Soccer forum has a long charter that doesnt really exist anywhere else so we wanted to just let people know right off that 2 cards and youre out.

I honestly dont think there'll be to much trouble, if there is, users will be turfed out, I dont think the general soccer forum members wil be effected.

also please note its only for the duration of the tournament, so if a newcomer tries to post in here afterwards they'll be locked out, like before and anyone trying re-reg to get around a ban, well we've ways to detect that. ;)

It will. If it wouldn't then why do we have the access system and charter in the first place?

Skid X wrote: »
    Boards must be desperate for traffic, this will turn the Soccer Forum into a trainwreck again.

If it becomes such an issue we can re-visit it in a few days with The Mods and Dav if needs be but its only been open about just shy of 2 hours and nobody has come in and wrecked the place.

What an unusual decision to not allow cards to count to ones tally.

It will. If it wouldn't then why do we have the access system and charter in the first place?

AH have there own World Cup thread, they dont have to venture in here and it may come as shock to some of ye but not everyone wants to post in the Soccer Forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

It's Pro F's World Cup :pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What an unusual decision to not allow cards to count to ones tally.

In certain cases they may count.

Also, 2 yellows is now a 1 month ban, under the regular charter thats a 4 yellow offence.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If it becomes such an issue we can re-visit it in a few days with The Mods and Dav if needs be but its only been open about just shy of 2 hours and nobody has come in and wrecked the place.

But England haven't started playing yet :P

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It shuldnt and wont.

We didnt suspended per se but this give the people who dont post her a quick summary.

Basically 2 cards and your out and you get carded for the usual boards stuff, abuse/trolling/streams etc.

The Soccer forum has a long charter that doesnt really exist anywhere else so we wanted to just let people know right off that 2 cards and youre out.

I honestly dont think there'll be to much trouble, if there is, users will be turfed out, I dont think the general soccer forum members wil be effected.

also please note its only for the duration of the tournament, so if a newcomer tries to post in here afterwards they'll be locked out, like before and anyone trying re-reg to get around a ban, well we've ways to detect that. ;)

You have suspended the SF charter.
    we've decided to suspend the Soccer Forum charter in place of a temporary World Cup charter.

Its simple really, for all you new guys/girls in here, usual Boards.ie rules apply on abuse, trolling, streams etc etc.

The temporary WC charter that you talk about doesn't make any reference to the SF charter and you have removed the charter thread from the forum. You couldn't have done anything more to suspend the SF charter.

And then there's the suspension of the Access Request requirements. I could maybe, possibly see a justification for that. Kind of, maybe. Although I suspect it would lead to trouble any way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Calm yo tits pro f.

People will only post in here if they have an interest in soccer.

Will post in ah if they have a fleeting interest.

Also first post in the sf.

Long time lurker, couldn't be arsed asking for permission.

People with open permission now will go back to not having access after the WC.

I cant see the problem but if it does cause issues we'll go to Dav and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You might make a friend

Thanks for letting us in! :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok, I think that's enough Q&A for now, if anyone is unsure of anything feel free to PM any of the mods. Enjoy the tournament :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement