Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake €20 whose to blame?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

MadYaker wrote: »
    I can't understand how they could tell from CCTV footage who gave in the fake 20. How could you possibly judge if a 20 is real or not from low quality footage from a camera mounted in the roof above the till?

Some retail CCTV can even see the numbers on the notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

I can't understand how they could tell from CCTV footage who gave in the fake 20. How could you possibly judge if a 20 is real or not from low quality footage from a camera mounted in the roof above the till?

Assuming it was not a very busy time for the shop, cctv can easily show who gave the last €20 note before the OP got it.

Here's details of security features on notes
    http://www.fleur-de-coin.com/eurocoins/banknote-security

Overall, whilst its good to be vigilant, the amount of counterfeit notes is very small in relation to the number of notes in circulation.

At last estimates up to €100,000,000 of counterfeit notes could be in circulation - but consider there is over €950,000,000,000 in circulation, you have a one chance in about 10,000 of getting one. That's about the same level of counterfeiting as USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah but how would they know the last 20 was the counterfeit one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Yeah but how would they know the last 20 was the counterfeit one?

It would be the one on top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fat to ripped

You could try use it there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Interesting about the dyed notes.. I'm sure I received something from BoI a couple of years ago which said not to accept them? I was under the impression they were worthless but that doesn't really make any sense either.

Haven't they come up with a way of washing the dye out of them anyway?

Advertisement