Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin @TVplus - €19 at Harvey Norman, reduced from €179

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Bare in mind, the app for Android phones is €10.49!!!

I just checked though and it's free for tablets.. :confused:

Read this on the Techradar review now too: "The apps are free to download for desktops and iPad, but iPhone users will have to pay £12.99 for the privilege."

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

It was still marked at €38 in Nutgrove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭user99

the android app is free from the amazon app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭bromley52

Wez wrote: »
    Bare in mind, the app for Android phones is €10.49!!!

I just checked though and it's free for tablets.. :confused:

Read this on the Techradar review now too: "The apps are free to download for desktops and iPad, but iPhone users will have to pay £12.99 for the privilege."

Free on Amazon App Store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So this streams TV to your phone using your internet?

Don't Sky have a system that prevents this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

There's dozens of free apps available for this.
    Simply set up using your box IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

user99 wrote: »
    the android app is free from the amazon app store.
    bromley52 wrote: »
    Free on Amazon App Store.

What app exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does this work with Eircoms evision box. I dont see a video feed on the box to link it to the belkin!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Previous sticker said €179, reduced to €19.

Loads left in the Tralee store.

Review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/media-streaming-devices/belkin-@tv-plus-1094611/review

Can't really go wrong with the price.

EDIT: Just found the previous thread when they were reduced to €49 a few months back, they are even better value now! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057179623

Bought one of these a couple of months ago at €49. Very hit and miss to get it working. Got very hot and had to be rebooted almost every time I went to use it. Picture was a bit choppy even though sound was coming through ok. I have fast efibre broadband so that wasn't the issue. Might be worth a punt but my advice would be to avoid. Harvey's have had them for sale for months but they are just not selling. Good idea but poor execution. You get what you pay for I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks for the heads up.^^patrickpc I got sky go the other day. All excited until I discovered it won't work on a nexus 7. Which is updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭bromley52

patrickpc wrote: »
    Bought one of these a couple of months ago at €49. Very hit and miss to get it working. Got very hot and had to be rebooted almost every time I went to use it. Picture was a bit choppy even though sound was coming through ok. I have fast efibre broadband so that wasn't the issue. Might be worth a punt but my advice would be to avoid. Harvey's have had them for sale for months but they are just not selling. Good idea but poor execution. You get what you pay for I suppose..

I set one up for the father in law and it's working perfectly and never overheats. The picture and sound is spot on, both in the house (UPC 120MB BB) and externally via the android app (free on Amazon app store). I have tried it at a few locations, shopping centres, restaurants etc and it has always worked. The virtual remote is excellent.
    Have you done a speed test on your efibre BB. Perhaps you are not getting what you are paying for. The speed drops off very quickly as you move away from the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Lads, I have a slingbox solo which is a couple of yrs old, would one of these be any better? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

bromley52 wrote: »
    I set one up for the father in law and it's working perfectly and never overheats. The picture and sound is spot on, both in the house (UPC 120MB BB) and externally via the android app (free on Amazon app store). I have tried it at a few locations, shopping centres, restaurants etc and it has always worked. The virtual remote is excellent.
    Have you done a speed test on your efibre BB. Perhaps you are not getting what you are paying for. The speed drops off very quickly as you move away from the cabinet.

Don't think the issue is with my broadband. I check the speed regularly and i am getting 70Mb down 20Mb up. The Belkin is wired in straight to the router so it's not a Wifi issue either. iI ended up bringing the Belkin back and getting a replacement but had the same issue again. Glad yours worked out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

I bought one of these at e49 and Im quite happy with it. Havent used it much but it works ok and the quality is ok. I look forward to being able to watch anything I like from my Sky box when I'm abroad on holiday. It would work on any AV source not just Sky. EPG is more suited to UK as in 101 is BBC1 and theres no Republic of Ireland setting but you can bring up the Sky EPG remotely so not a problem. Theres a bit of lag between sending remote code and the box responding but not too bad. For E19 you cant go too far wrong and I'd say its similar to a Slingbox in operation. It does run a bit warm so ensure plenty of ventillation. The app called @TV works fine and yeah download it from the Amazon app store for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 danbyrne88

This sounds amazing..... im going to call in and buy one today after work.

Im Moving to Canada in August and this would be a great little resource to have as will not have a TV or anything over there.

Great catch OP..... I hope it works as well as it says!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

There's dozens of free apps available for this.
    Simply set up using your box IP address.

Can you name a couple please ?

I've seen a few that have GBP6-7 / month subscriptions.

Any free ones ?

IStreamGate would be the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Tx - do you know if that works with UPC Horizon box ?

banchang wrote: »
    Tx - do you know if that works with UPC Horizon box ?
    It will work with any box once you can lift the IP Address from the box settings.
    I don't have a Horizon box but am using it on several similar boxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

banchang wrote: »
    Where is this Eur19 ?

It's Eur38 on website, & called HN both Swords & Blanch, & they're in stock there but at Eur38 ?
    +1 It's also €38 in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Do you know of any for android? Had a quick look around on google but couldn't find any. This could come in really handy! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

+1 It's also €38 in Cork.

The deal was posted ages ago, so it may have gone back up in price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Sam Mac wrote: »
    The deal was posted ages ago, so it may have gone back up in price?

I went up once it was posted and the girl told me it was never €19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I went up once it was posted and the girl told me it was never €19.

Really?

Because in the Tralee HN they were selling for €19 a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

inishilra wrote: »
    Got one of these (actually 2 cos thought the first was faulty), and have tried every possible combination of cables to hook it up to our UPC Cisco HD (not Horizon) box, can only hook it up to the settop box with the scart converter thing and there's mention that might be disabled due to the HD connection. We get through the setup wizard to the point where it should show the picture in the little box on the right but it says ' couldn't detect a video source from either your component or composite cables'. Does anyone have this combination of products working together that can help save our sanity. I was so excited to be able to access all the sports channels from abroad and am thoroughly defeated (the 25 mins on the phone to Belkin helpdesk was basically the last straw while she flicked through generic answers and asked what the model no on my scart converter was...) If anyone could please help I'd be soooo grateful.

Hi, did you update the firmware?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

Good find OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Harvey Norman is no where near me sadly.

Where's the cheapest place can I get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I have a Slingbox which works a treat. Slingboxes are not that well built, and mine died after just over two years, but I love it so much that went straight out and bought another one. But the Slingbox costs one hell of a lot more than this - I think at that price (even at 38) you can't go wrong.

I have Sky Go as well, but that only works in Ireland and UK. Also it only gives you the Sky channels. And it doesn't work on all android devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 inishilra

mudxfxa wrote: »
    Hi, did you update the firmware?

Yeah, we did indeed. And tried every possible combination of cables we could think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Don't want to get in trouble, but there is no need to be spending money on this if you have a laptop and want to watch ur SkyGo while on hols.

Advertisement