Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin @TVplus - €19 at Harvey Norman, reduced from €179

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 inishilra

Don't want to get in trouble, but there is no need to be spending money on this if you have a laptop and want to watch ur SkyGo while on hols.

Not everyone has Sky and UPC don't do a viable alternative to Sky Go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

inishilra wrote: »
    Not everyone has Sky and UPC don't do a viable alternative to Sky Go

Aware of that, just advice for the SKY side of things. No UPC where I live either way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Don't want to get in trouble, but there is no need to be spending money on this if you have a laptop and want to watch ur SkyGo while on hols.

SkyGo only legally available while in UK/Ire

galait wrote: »

This is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

galait wrote: »

And it only gives you the Sky channels. No RTE, BBC etc.

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    And it only gives you the Sky channels. No RTE, BBC etc.

ITV and Channel 4 on it, if UK version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Has anyone got this working with a UPC Horizon box ?

Horizon box doesn't work with Infrared, but instead uses radio remote control (RF) signals to send commands from the Horizon remote handset to the Horizon set top box.

From what I can see, the @TV requires an IR blaster to be sited in front of the set top box at the point where IR signals are received.

As such, if Horizon doesn't use IR, can @TV work with Horizon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Really?

Because in the Tralee HN they were selling for €19 a piece.
    Maybe it was just a local store offer that week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Good find OP
    Was it €19 in your local HN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I got it working with the Horizon box buuutt does the TV need to be on for this to work?

I set it up for my parents but they only seem to be able to get it working with the tv on

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I got it working with the Horizon box buuutt does the TV need to be on for this to work?

I set it up for my parents but they only seem to be able to get it working with the tv on

If it's like the Slingbox, your 'box'.....i.e. Sky box or whatever....needs to be left on standby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

naughtb4 wrote: »

I got it working as well - on remote laptop I'm able to see & hear what's on TV now, however the issue is with changing channels remotely using the @TV app - we're you able to do this ?

I can't see how you did, as it uses the IR Blaster to send an IR signal to the set top box, but the Horizon set top box doesn't use IR.

This is €49 today in HN in Churchtown. Looks like you have to just keep an eye on the price in your local store. Still a lot cheaper than a Slingbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

its only €38 online so you could buy it there and collect it in the store, save the €10! or obviously have it delivered!

http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/apple/ipad-accessories/belkin-tv-set-top-box.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Bit of a thread resurrection, but in case anyone cares, Harvey Norman in Castlebar has plenty of these at €20.

Advertisement