Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Punditry Gold 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd say he'd be sacked on an English channel for that. Here he'll probably get a raise!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Close this thread down, it shall not be surpassed :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Neeson wrote: »
    Any one get a recording?

Here ya go

https://vine.co/v/MI2Dd5MwLug

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'd say he'd be sacked on an English channel for that. Here he'll probably get a raise!

He deserves the raise, we had a good laugh over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Lol, it's even better the second time

http://youtu.be/cHKF-RcZLa8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Didi is glued to his phone the whole time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dancor wrote: »
    Lol, it's even better the second time

http://youtu.be/cHKF-RcZLa8

Bill's reaction makes it even funnier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Close this thread down, it shall not be surpassed :pac:

I'm sure some YT king can mix these.. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd say Dunphy or Hamman had no idea they were on air. Whoever should be talking down the ear pieces must have nipped off for the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

they couldnt have known they were on air Hamann was on his phone and then he just looked shocked when bill said they were on air , its brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm watching the match but still laughing about it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Looking at it again, it's gas the way Didi slowly drops his phone as soon as he hears they're on air :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kenny's uncomfortable lean back is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

The national apology is another RTE classic, he was like a bold child apologising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Am I the only one who has turned into an England supporter ? I want to see the twat in a ****ing dress. Oops. eh sorry Bill, in a good dress. Not a great dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

It was awesome. this was the best thing about the world cup so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Just wondering if the rte commentators are actually in Brazil?, they seem to be reacting to the television replays....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

twinex wrote: »
    Just wondering if the rte commentators are actually in Brazil?, they seem to be reacting to the television replays....

Ray and George definitely are, don't know about the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

And the apology:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Seems to have been a fook up by the director or whoever is in charge because non of them seem to have been aware that it was live. Didi was banging away on his mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's not quite up there with the Rod Liddell.......but it's yet another example of why RTE is the place to be for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

......maybe thats why they cancelled "the Premiership" on Saturday nights so they could afford plane tickets to Brazil for the boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

twinex wrote: »
    ......maybe thats why they cancelled "the Premiership" on Saturday nights so they could afford plane tickets to Brazil for the boys.

And if they didn't send them out people would complain. At least the studio stuff is done in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Why is Cunningham brown nosing everything English? Is he looking for a job over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That was great between Cunnigham & Dunphy, seems quite clear they don't really like each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Yeah, pretty obvious that Dunphy doesn't like Cunningham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

BqXKH7vIUAAtN20.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brian Kerr 'Decent ball...no?...overhit'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Punditry will never get better than that. Absolutely superb. I want to see Dunphy on Sky Sports :D

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That was great between Cunnigham & Dunphy, seems quite clear they don't really like each other.

Man U supporting friend of mine was telling me that him and a group of lads met Cunningham in Dublin Airport as they were waiting to fly over to England for the Man U v Liverpool game back in March and they drew Cunningham out on Dunphy. Kenny's response "Ahh...Eamon!! " as he rolled his eyes to heaven :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I'm not a dunphy fan, I think he fancies himself a lot more than as the figure of fun he really is. Far too much credit given to him for being a deliberate troll, I just think he has little respect for your average football fan's knowledge and hence thinks he can get away with multiple gaffes.

But I've have given anything for him to have said to Kenny this eve, " you're talking out of your arse baby".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Ive actually played against capello, darren"

Did Ossie just call Son a superboy? With a nice stomach??

retalivity wrote: »
    "Ive actually played against capello, darren"

Did Ossie just call Son a superboy? With a nice stomach??

He could have said anything. God only knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

How come RTE haven't got on Paul Clement, Brad Friedel or Neil Lennon yet who were announced for the World Cup but both Friedel and Lennon are out in Brazil for BBC? did they cancel on RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Jim Belgin just before the Netherlands go 3-2 up against Australia when Australia nearly go 3-2 up :

'I just don't know what to comment on.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

How come RTE haven't got on Paul Clement, Brad Friedel or Neil Lennon yet who were announced for the World Cup but both Friedel and Lennon are out in Brazil for BBC? did they cancel on RTE?

Think in Lennon's case he signed up to do a week or so with bbc then when he resigned at Celtic was signed up by RTE so I expect he'll be on RTE towards the end of the tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Peter Collins and Trevor Steven are there too (tweeted a picture from the stadium yesterday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RoryMac wrote: »
    Think in Lennon's case he signed up to do a week or so with bbc then when he resigned at Celtic was signed up by RTE so I expect he'll be on RTE towards the end of the tournament

Lennon was going to Brazil scouting for Celtic anyways, watching other matches and getting paid to do so is bit of a bonus for him! I think he'll be in Brazil for the Group Stages but going home after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Pringle12345

Ozzie seems like a troll tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ossie is class, nuff said.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Peter Collins and Trevor Steven are there too (tweeted a picture from the stadium yesterday)

Doesn't really matter where Peter is he will always sound like he is doing commentary over a recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What did Ossie do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Glebee

Neeson wrote: »
    What did Ossie do?

He dared disagree with the demigod that is John Giles earlier and got both barrels from Giles and Brady... Poor Bill had to stick up for Ossie, Ossie was saying he could not understand.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Glebee

Bill: john, you said Spain would turn it around. What's happened.
    John: No Bill, I said I hoped they would turn it around.

Good man Giles never admit your wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ozzie seems like a troll tbh

Think you are right!

Bill - "Ossie, who was the best player to never have played at a World Cup"

Ossie - "Eamon Dunphy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mewso wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter where Peter is he will always sound like he is doing commentary over a recording.

Can't stand Peter Collins commentating, he doesn't understand the game and isn't a genuine football fan. He gets way too over excited in commentary, shouting excitedly at any shot from distance only to see it sail high and wide the majority of the time. I think his commentary style was developed for his Formula 1 work and when he got football work he didn't change it whatsoever. He should go back to playing pop on 2fm, he's really a waste of space as a football commentator.

Why is the intelligent punditry stuck on the graveyard shift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Glen Hoddle & Gordon Stachen

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Glen Hoddle & Gordon Stachen

I was more or less talking about Didi and Richie. Going for the HD quality so havent seen any of the beeb or itv coverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement