Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Sun Holiday

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking for opinions and other peoples experiences on planning our first sun family holiday. We will be travelling with a 12 month old. We normally dont book package deals for our own holidays but this might all change!

Looking at early October, Destination without 3/3.5 hrs away and still some heat.
    Apartment/Apartment hotel with kitchen/kitchenette for making his meals and a pool. Pref a heated one. Also not a million miles away from the airport and a few nice places for mum and dad to eat also.

Looked at falcon/thomson but they have 5am flights departing dublin which would not be ideal!

Dont mind booking flights and hotel/apartment separate if the transfers dont cost a bomb!

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We went to Menorca and Lanzarotte with the kids both were great.
    We are going to France to a mobile home this year as it is easier then a package holiday with the babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Try vilanova I la geltru. 30 mins from Barcelona airport. Worth researching the average temp (I've not been in oct myself) but it's the perfect cross between a package holiday and non package one. Great for day trips to Barcelona and sitges. Just not sure about the temperatures. Worth a look though!

Just to add sorry, great for families. The sea is really shallow and there's pools in most hotels (not heated though). If you like seafood and tapas you're sorted. Lovely little town to have a stroll in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I called falcon and told them i wanted a day time flight from my local airport, going to a location suitable for a 2 year old, and they were really helpful.

Trying to do the same thing without their help was proving impossible, and I would have considered myself quite good at that sort of thing!

We're off to Costa Dorada next week :)

Advertisement