Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Castlebar

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Just writeing a quick note after seing the exploits of the group Love Castlebar. I found them through their facebook page.

I must say i'm wildly impressed with the whole idea and indeed actions carried out. They have been going around painting vacant shop units bright aesthetically pleasing colours that had in some cases been looking borderline run down and dilapidated.

I must say its great to see the town pride amognst these people, I have never joined them but maby next time!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

voz es wrote: »
    Just writeing a quick note after seing the exploits of the group Love Castlebar. I found them through their facebook page.

I must say i'm wildly impressed with the whole idea and indeed actions carried out. They have been going around painting vacant shop units bright aesthetically pleasing colours that had in some cases been looking borderline run down and dilapidated.

I must say its great to see the town pride amognst these people, I have never joined them but maby next time!

And Michael Kilcoyne complained they were taking jobs of painters!!!

Really helping the town as it looks cat in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

yop wrote: »
    And Michael Kilcoyne complained they were taking jobs of painters!!!

Really? If that's the case, it just lowers, the already low, opinion I have of him.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Really? If that's the case, it just lowers, the already low, opinion I have of him.

I think it was on the Connaught 2 weeks ago.

A link

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19914:castlebar-town-council-approves-20k-for-love-castlebar&catid=23:news&Itemid=46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

It is a fine community project, indeed the town was looking cat in places. The painters have their point of view but I dont agree, the towm image is suffering and it is obvous that the premises owners have no intention of employing painters to do the work so they were not going to get the employment anyhow.

For me if I was a painting professional I would consider the amount of good PR to be tieing in with group and helping out could be of great benifit to me.

Advertisement