Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player

• 12-06-2014 8:55pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you not watch live TV on the RTE player? Finally want to use it but I don't see an option for live TV anywhere? You'd think it would be the first thing you see.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can you not watch live TV on the RTE player? Finally want to use it but I don't see an option for live TV anywhere? You'd think it would be the first thing you see.....

I know on android and ps3 it has live tv , but don't think the 360 app ever did

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

Ah balls so it's essentially useless to me. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Just got on to ask the same question.

This press release says it should be showing them live via Xbox:
    http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-office/press-releases/2014/0605/621829-rte-sport-launches-2014-fifa-world-cup-coverage/
    FIFA World Cup 2014 games will be available to watch live and on-demand on RTÉ Player in the Republic of Ireland. Games will remain online on RTÉ Player for the duration of the tournament. Live streaming on RTÉ Player desktop, mobile and Samsung connected TV plus on-demand on desktop, mobile, UPC, connected TV and Xbox.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That must be a mistake as it's nowhere to be seen in the app. RTE and ITV aren't on the sky go app either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Through the web browser maybe? Or are they still flash based on RTé :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

anyone find out? x

Through the web browser maybe? Or are they still flash based on RTé :confused:

Jst tried it there, still flash based unfortunately. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I watched the last match of the Six Nations through it on the 360...

erkifino wrote: »
    I watched the last match of the Six Nations through it on the 360...

Through the browser or the App? There's no option for live TV in the App that I can see, only matches that have already finished are up on it.

I went to PS3 RTE Player tonight and it says its no longer available!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Through the browser or the App? There's no option for live TV in the App that I can see, only matches that have already finished are up on it.

Definitely though the app, haven't a clue what I clicked on it though...
    Maybe because it was an Irish competitive match? Now that I think of it, there was a heap of preshown RTÉ stuff on it, but there was an option for the rugby that day.

I've mailed RTE for what its worth. Probably a mistake on the Press Release.

This is the reply I got last night:
    Thank you for your mail. The 2014 Fifa World Cup is available on-demand on Xbox in the Republic of Ireland, meaning that the programmes appear after broadcast and can be viewed at any time for the duration of the tournament. They can be streamed live and are also available on-demand on RTÉ Player desktop, mobile and Samsung Connected TV.

We hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
    RTÉ Player Team
    www.rte.ie/player

Advertisement