Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds (no longer) secret special Big Mac sauce :D

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭

Who wants it?

See, since i realised that religion is not just "tales of the ancients", but very serious and powerful guidance. I could no longer eat my beloved (bi/)weekly big mac, as the beef is not slaughtered in the most humane way, commanded by God.

So what did i do to resolve this pickly predicament i hear you ask. Well, the initial plan was to start my own fast food restaurant, acquire all the McDonalds recipes using corporate espionage and call the chain Mc Dougals (all perfectly legal, said my attorney... through the glass screen in the correctional facility). Anyway, i thought that route might take a little effort, so instead i just figured out the recipe for the sauce, which really to be honest is the best part of the burger, and McDonals in general.

Home-made Big Mac - all the taste; none of the evil corporate, nutrient devoid, overly processed, corporatocracy affiliated, conscienceless greedy food outlet uninterested in your well-being or that of the animals it so voraciously consumes in the process, to turn profits.

So, i'm willing to divulge this very sensitive info. If someone out there would be so kind as to deliver to my house burger buns, easy singles (the cheese that is :P) pickles and iceburger lettuce. Deal? Anyone? I'm so lazy, undressed and hungry :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

As a side note I think that site is brilliant, personal favorites are the JD glaze and the Wendy's chilli.....

<drool>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In our house we just mix Thousand Islands dressing with mayonnaise and get something very similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

Wexie, indeed i tried that recipe. It dunt work, but close-ish...

In fact i tried a number of different recipes i found online. After a lot of experimentation between the different ingredients, i finally achieved a sauce so much like the original it's 95% indistinguishable. To achieve 100% all i'd need to do is remove any nutrients and pump it full of illegal (yet present in all chinese's's) flavour enhancers.

It's been a few weeks since i recreated the sauce and i'm still so pleased, the feeling of self satisfaction is very... satisfying! Tbh, in my head it feels like i've rewritten some highly debated scientific theory/law lol. Like, this is one of my lifes greatest achievements - aim low son aim low.. I'd just like to thank my Mum and Dad for always being there throughout this adventure, from the low points to the highs. Like the time i made a sample, and it wasn't like the bigmac sauce at all, to the time i made a sample and it was kind of like the big mac sauce... A lot of mayo got wasted, a lot of burgers got eaten, and i really couldn't have done it without you :'}

On top of that it's another case of the man beating the system, which makes me happy \o/ yay. So without further adie, here it is:

3 parts mayo
    2 parts sweet pickle relish
    1 part French dressing*
    1 part American style mustard (french's, it's lovely)
    1 part finely chopped unyun
    1/10'nt part garlic powder
    1/10'nt part paprika
    1/20'it part salt
    1/20'it part black pepper

*French dressing i used was made by:
    3 parts veg oil
    2 parts ketchup
    1 part sugar
    1/2 part vinegar
    squeeze of lemon
    seasoning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

///3power wrote: »
    Who wants it?

See, since i realised that religion is not just "tales of the ancients", but very serious and powerful guidance. I could no longer eat my beloved (bi/)weekly big mac, as the beef is not slaughtered in the most humane way, commanded by God.

So what did i do to resolve this pickly predicament i hear you ask. Well, the initial plan was to start my own fast food restaurant, acquire all the McDonalds recipes using corporate espionage and call the chain Mc Dougals (all perfectly legal, said my attorney... through the glass screen in the correctional facility). Anyway, i thought that route might take a little effort, so instead i just figured out the recipe for the sauce, which really to be honest is the best part of the burger, and McDonals in general.

Home-made Big Mac - all the taste; none of the evil corporate, nutrient devoid, overly processed, corporatocracy affiliated, conscienceless greedy food outlet uninterested in your well-being or that of the animals it so voraciously consumes in the process, to turn profits.

So, i'm willing to divulge this very sensitive info. If someone out there would be so kind as to deliver to my house burger buns, easy singles (the cheese that is :P) pickles and iceburger lettuce. Deal? Anyone? I'm so lazy, undressed and hungry :(

I'm a bit confused by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

///3power wrote: »
    Wexie, indeed i tried that recipe. It dunt work, but close-ish...

In fact i tried a number of different recipes i found online. After a lot of experimentation between the different ingredients, i finally achieved a sauce so much like the original it's 95% indistinguishable. To achieve 100% all i'd need to do is remove any nutrients and pump it full of illegal (yet present in all chinese's's) flavour enhancers.

It's been a few weeks since i recreated the sauce and i'm still so pleased, the feeling of self satisfaction is very... satisfying! Tbh, in my head it feels like i've rewritten some highly debated scientific theory/law lol. Like, this is one of my lifes greatest achievements - aim low son aim low.. I'd just like to thank my Mum and Dad for always being there throughout this adventure, from the low points to the highs. Like the time i made a sample, and it wasn't like the bigmac sauce at all, to the time i made a sample and it was kind of like the big mac sauce... A lot of mayo got wasted, a lot of burgers got eaten, and i really couldn't have done it without you :'}

On top of that it's another case of the man beating the system, which makes me happy \o/ yay. So without further adie, here it is:

3 parts mayo
    2 parts sweet pickle relish
    1 part French dressing*
    1 part American style mustard (french's, it's lovely)
    1 part finely chopped unyun
    1/10'nt part garlic powder
    1/10'nt part paprika
    1/20'it part salt
    1/20'it part black pepper

*French dressing i used was made by:
    3 parts veg oil
    2 parts ketchup
    1 part sugar
    1/2 part vinegar
    squeeze of lemon
    seasoning

That explains why it IS a magic recipe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Is the presence of unyun in the recipe the same as the absence of yun? Because I have no yun and could just leave it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

• Registered Users Posts: 15 clonagirl

Hi all, want to try this! Just wondering where could I locate sweet pickle relish?

• Advertisement

Clonagirl, 12 posts in 5 years?! Pifff.. amateur =P

But yea, i was a bit confused about the relish myself. I couldn't seem to find a product described as sweet pickle relish anywhere, til i ventured into Dunnes and bought this (sorry for the address, can't post links because my account is apparently "new" lol) h*t*t*p*:*/*/*g*o*o.gl/0TnK8N i know it's gherkin relish, but it does say sweet pickle at the bottom and most importantly it works. Come to think of it, i should have probably mentioned that in the recipe. Pickles and gherkins are the same thing tho no? Era, we wont worry about it too much.

Dr.KickMiller did you know the coors miller company were caught lying about the ingredients in their beers recently, concerning the fact that they're using proven tumour causing genetically modified corn without telling their beloved patrons/consumers, just another reason to love these socially conscious and oh so righteous multinational companies. Anyhow thanks for the vid, that was my source for considering mustard. No other online recipes mentioned it, til the man himself told us. On the other hand he left out other ingredients that you need, so piece by piece the McPuzzle was solved. Good work Watson xD

Hande Hoche no need to be confused, this video h*t*t*p*://goo.gl/dgbLv shows and explains it very eloquently and beautifully.

Miller haha no the yun is absolutely imperative. There's no yin without the yun. Got to maintain the balance, otherwise bad things happen.

If you can't get any yun, just use some sealed leaks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

ahhaha that is hilarious. he actually TAKES OFF his whites to cook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 PinkRoses

I usually just mix ketchup,chopped gherkins and mayo to make my sauce.

Pink sauce and pink roses. I'm sensing a pattern here.

Do you know why salmon and flamingos are pink? Maybe if you eat enough prawns you'll turn pink too? xD

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Off-topic posts removed. Please keep chatter to the chat thread.

yea but you can only talk about counterfeit bootlegged sauce for so long like :(

don't tell ronny on me. okay i be good

shhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Advertisement