Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil - Croatia match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

A flukey own goal, a penalty that wasn't a penalty, I suppose the scoreline should really be 1-0 to Brazil.

Solid logic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Wahey, Fred touched the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Tbh I'm rarely confident that there won't be a bunch of terrible decisions when a match gets a non-European ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A flukey own goal, a penalty that wasn't a penalty, I suppose the scoreline should really be 1-0 to Brazil.

Em, how is a flukey own goal anyone's fault but the Brazil players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the referee could not wait to give that penalty.

pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sure but we see this all the time had modric elbowed Neymar would he have been sent off? you bet, had Silva fouled Jelavic in the box would it be a penalty? Nope

It didn't happen so we'll never know, no matter how much you think it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Tbh I'm rarely confident that there won't be a bunch of terrible decisions when a match gets a non-European ref.

I reckon they should just send out Phil Dowd in different wigs and fake moustaches for every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It appears I've gone back in time 12 years to the Japan/Korea World Cup judging by these refereeing decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Neymar's gonna have the golden boot sown up by the end of this group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Paully D wrote: »
    It appears I've gone back in time 12 years to the Japan/Korea World Cup judging by these refereeing decisions.

That was awful- poor Spain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Croatia trying to fancy football their way out of their own half.

Almost worked lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oscar has been very good tonight. To think there was people moaning that Coutinho should have gotten in the squad before him based on a bad few months at Chelsea.

Nobody was saying he should get ahead of oscar but i thought myself he warranted at least a place on the back up list or to be tried out in a friendly or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Shambolic decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've never been so bored and unimpressed by a Brazil team in my life... The inclusion of Fred sums up that. The guy is a brutal player. Seeing the way they're going to win this match leaves a pour enough taste. I like their players but they're not a Brazil team you'd expect. F*ck it I'd love to see Ronaldinho and Kaka in this squad for a bit of entertainment.

Even their names are boring. Gone are the days of Bebeto, Taffarel and Roberto Carlos to be replaced by Fred and Bernard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Rezident wrote: »
    Football has always been corrupt under FIFA, sure didn't mussolini ensure the refs let italy win in 1934. Same principle tonight. It's FIFA.

I remember it well there was no goal line technology in them days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It didn't happen so we'll never know, no matter how much you think it's true

I have witnessed it too many times too have people dismiss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Whoever beats Brazil will get no help from the refs.

Your been harsh on Croatia who started brightly. I felt they were worth their lead and showed that if you stretch the play and put crosses in against Brazil there could be a possible chink there.

I do accept that on the balance of things Brazil have attacked more but i wouldnt consider Croatia to be negative. Just doing their best against a very talented attacking side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

And again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If that benefited Brazil the ref would let it stand.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ooh, was sure that was finding the back of the net.

Very soft call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That ref is on the take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

J.Cesar got lucky there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This is a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah for Jaysus sake, this is shocking

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Ref is baaaaaaaaad

For fcuk Sake Olic played the ball, Cesar didn't even catch the ****ing thing. Such a soft foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

lol it's getting farcical now. Imagine the strikes and mayhem for this WC if Brazil went out in the group stages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

klose wrote: »
    Nobody was saying he should get ahead of oscar but i thought myself he warranted at least a place on the back up list or to be tried out in a friendly or two

Don't do it ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ref is a bloody nightmare,ruined the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hey Croatia do you like being a bïtch?

Cos you're FIFA's bïtch tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Croatia should ask for a replay :pac:

Seriously though if nothing else tonight proves Brazil won't be anywhere near the final

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

nuxxx wrote: »
    Croatia should ask for a replay :pac:

Seriously though if nothing else tonight proves Brazil won't be anywhere near the final

They will be if they get this ref every game haha

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sheeper

Corruption and FIFA should be both the same word ! Such a disappointing ref for KO

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Olić is available on a free this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

efb wrote: »
    Hey Croatia do you like being a bïtch?

Cos you're FIFA's bïtch tonight

You forgot EUFA aswell mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Love them to equalise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Am I the only one that thinks Olic fouled him? You can't touch the keeper and he clearly did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Decisions are an absolute shambles.... It has completely wrecked the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Luiz giving it the garryowen treatment there.

• Advertisement

Croatia could nick an equaliser here. Brazil have gone to pieces at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A Croatia red card would round this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noahmeg

Won't get within an asses roar of the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

A draw for Croatia here would be a victory for football. Really hope they pull it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It's obvious Brazil have been given a "buy" in this match. Would love Croatia to piss in Blatters champagne and get an equaliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Olic fouled him? You can't touch the keeper and he clearly did.

Course you can touch the keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Olić is available on a free this summer.

He signed a new 2 year contract with Wolfsburg before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The problem with world cups and internationals in general is that FIFA like to have a fair representation of refs which I guess is honourable. However the reality is that many of these "top" international refs rarely if ever ref high level club games on a week in week out basis. Decisions like tonight highlight the flaw in FIFAs logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Oat23 wrote: »

Anyone with a bit of cop-on knows it was a foul tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It's bloody laughable now. Neymar should be off the pitch (and has scored twice since), a penalty that never was and a perfectly good goal ruled out for Croatia. Who said FIFA were corrupt?

• Advertisement
Advertisement