Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil - Croatia match thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Great finish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Croatia keeper was very poor tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

klose wrote: »
    Nobody was saying he should get ahead of oscar but i thought myself he warranted at least a place on the back up list or to be tried out in a friendly or two

I've seen it mentioned a few times, I've seen it on here today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Goalie has to be on the take- he can't be that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

Brazil have been hacking, diving and complaining all game. It's easy to see why they're not well liked. This will continue though, the amount of pressure on poor referees, enormous intimidation of the home crowd and antics of the players will carry Brazil through this world cup.

Tonight is just the beginning.

Am i being harsh or is the Croatian GK fúcking rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nice finish there from Oscar but poor again from the keeper, very slow to get down to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wouldn't overly blame the keeper, disguised the shot wonderfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well that totally and utterly flatters Brazil. They will get destroyed by one of the bigger teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bad defending and bad goal keeping there. Croatia cant land that one at anyone elses door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Neymars was never a red. Not sure where all the Brazilian hate is coming from. Ref has been poor, was never a pen. It's not Brazils fault. Oscar has been excellent

So intent to elbow is not a red? even when looking beforehand? lol what world are you living in Neymar didn't get the red because he's the golden boy can't send the golden boy off can ye now?

Keeper got lessons from Bruce Grobbalar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If either Neymar or Oscar gets injured/suspended then Brazil are fecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Oscar strutting his stuff on the biggest stage. 1 goal, 1 assist and a very good game all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Did their keeper win his place in the team in a raffle or something?

They do a sort of eurovison competition where he performs in front of a crowd on their version of the Late Late, winner is then picked from the phone voting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Big toe from outside the box & the goalie wasn't even ready to save it.

Well taken of course.

Croatia are a keeper & a striker away from being a very good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone with a bit of cop-on knows it was a foul tbh.

It's a witch hunt. You're not getting away with running into the keepers shoulder as he jumps to catch the ball.

F*cking bizarre how many people think the ref is paid based off decisions like that. It happens every single week in football from set pieces into the box on top of the keeper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Shocking game for the Croat keeper. Brazil don't deserve the win in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Andy Townsend is painful to listen to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Delighted for Fred. Hope he misses the rest of the World Cup after that dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Keeper awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Seeing a replay here that looked like it should have been a Croatian free kick before Oscar got the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Wish they would have the added time up top

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Brilliant by Oscar who fully deserved the goal and I'm delighted for him even if he did wreck my 2-1 bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

ha george hamilton gold Fred 90th minute with a rare appearance on the ball:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Croatia's keeper has been utterly dreadful. Got his poistioning arseways twice, and weak hands on the peno.

Weak link in a decent side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've seen it mentioned a few times, I've seen it on here today.

Haven't seen it in the last few days myself. There was definitely space for the two of them, when you see Hulk and Fred doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

[BJOKE !!!

CORRUPT DISGUSTING TOURNAMENT

DIRTY REF !!!

[/B]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah feck off Brazil, all the luck in the world. Won't win this if they don't pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Clear free kick for Croatia in the lead up to that third goal. The referee must have been bricking it as Croatia were close to equalizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah, should have been a free for Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

NIMAN wrote: »
    Keeper awful.
    Arguably at fault for all three goals. Should have saved the first and third goals and, getting as much of a hand to the penalty as he did, he should have saved that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

How many people did Sep Blatter MURDER to get this tournament ??

Like all the slaves he is MURDERING in Qatar ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

3 defenders and Oscar the only one anywhere near it. What were they standing off for, in case he passed it to the support he didn't have? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Bad defending and bad goal keeping there. Croatia cant land that one at anyone elses door.

Free kick in the build up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Delighted with that. Oscar excellent, Neymar good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

seen a bit of the opening ceremony.
    What in the name a Jaysus was Pitbull thinking when he dressed himself this morning?! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2656532/Brazil-2014-World-Cup-gets-underway-opening-ceremony-Arena-Sao-Paulo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rare it happens, but the Croatian goalie must feel awful out there, he has single handedly cost his team the match tonight. Awful awful goalkeeping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Have to say Luiz has been very good in the 2nd half, some great blocks. Can't see it lasting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very flattering this 3-1 for brazil but croatias keeper was as poor as ive seen. Don't see brazil winning it outright tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

wonga77 wrote: »
    Andy Townsend is painful to listen to
    And in other news; water is wet and bears prefer wooded areas in which to defecate.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ramires definitely fouled the Croatian player (forget who it was) leading up to that goal too.

kryogen wrote: »
    Rare it happens, but the Croatian goalie must feel awful out there, he has single handedly cost his team the match tonight. Awful awful goalkeeping

Money helps soak up the tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Despite the referee, I still think Brazil were just about worth the win. Having said that they will definitely need to step it up later on!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ramires definitely fouled the Croatian player (forget who it was) leading up to that goal too.

Rakitic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Hate saying this but the ref seriously gave Brazil a dig out there... Dodgy penalty and there was a certain foul on the Croatian for the third goal..

First game and plenty of controversy already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

the_monkey wrote: »
    JOKE !!!

CORRUPT DISGUSTING TOURNAMENT

DIRTY REF !!!

Yeah, really put me off the whole tournament now. Looks like Brazil really have home advantage. Sickening craap. Cheating and diving wins the game yet again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Original Ronaldo now would do a better job than Fred for Brazil... If I was the manager I'd stick Hulk up front and bring in Lucas or Willian on the wing and send Fred back to the dole office.

• Advertisement

Remember referee already had called a foul by Croatia on Julio Cesar, which was a clear chance for Croatia.
    It wasn't a free.

Advertisement